The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools Playlists
Old 7th July 2005
Gear Nut

Pro Tools Playlists

Recently I recorded a band using an HD rig, and found the playlist facility invaluable for quickly setting up and recording multiple takes of the band, with easy comping as well.

It seems that Pro Tools has a good way of labelling and handling multiple takes of audio, at least compared to Logic, which has virtually no facilities of this kind (to my knowledge anyway, and I don't claim to be a Logic guru by any means).

My question is, do any of the other major DAW sequencers use playlists in a similar way and do you find not having this facility to be a handicap when recording bands and trying to record multiple takes?

thx for listening,

fish

[edit: This is really not an anti Logic rant, that's just the sequencer I use. I do however find recording bands using Logic and trying to keep track of all the unhelpfully named audio a bit of a nightmare]
Old 7th July 2005
Gear Nut

and please don't mention the loop record function, that's not what I'm talking about!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search