The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Folding Jewel case "C Cards"
Old 7th July 2005
Lives for gear

Folding Jewel case "C Cards"

sorry if this is the wrong forum - couldn't figure out the right place for this one.

I do some low volume CD duplication. I print liner notes on nice, glossy paper and have a good system for folding and cutting. I now want to start printing jewel case inserts.

I don't want to use perforated inserts because
a) they cost a lot more
b) perforated edges look cheap (IMHO)
c) the paper does not give me the quality print I want
d) tearing out perforated inserts is a lot slower than a paper cutter

Printing and cutting is no issue for me - but I haven't figured out a good way to fold up the spines on the end. I can either fold before cutting or after - but cutting first seems to make the most sense as I'd need to unfold to trim the spines.

Anyone have a fast, accurate way to fold up 1/4" spines? I have a pretty well equipped wood shop, so making a fixture is certainly an option, if I can figure out a good design.

One of the concerned I've had is having a robust enough sharp edge on a folding fixture. As I was typing this message I realised I could use a scrap of Formica counter top - the laminate edge could be cut back at 45 degrees and probably give a good fold.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search