The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
2 Channel converters...how's that Lucid AD2496?
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

2 Channel converters...how's that Lucid AD2496?

Gad, another 'how's that box?' thread.

So I've got Eight inputs through a Rosetta 800 into a Digi002. I'd like to add two more, and considering I've got a S/PDIF, why not? While eight inputs doesn't seem like a lot to me, ten seems like I'll be ok.

I'd like to save a little dough this time since I'm also gonna get a Big Ben.

The first and obvious choice was the Mini-Me since it's got a couple of channels of mic preamp along with the converters. Only one problem: no sync input. Maybe they didn't put it because you need a reason to buy a more expensive box.

So then there's the Rosetta 2oo, but it's almost 2G's, and the Benchmark A/D is too.

But the Lucid AD2496 is around $850 and it's got a word clock input. Anyone tried this thing?
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

I love mine, definitely sounds better than what I was using before [ Digi001, old TDM pro tools units, multiface ] and I'm sure a big ben will raise it even more.

this has been discussed quite a bit on this board as it's where I looked when I was interested in one, do a search for Lucid AD9634 [ which I hope is what you meant? ] and you'll find a shed load of stuff.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search