The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dual Display calibration in OS X
Old 30th June 2005
Lives for gear

Dual Display calibration in OS X

I've been all over the internet looking for the solution to this. Maybe someone here knows the answer. Hope this isn't too O/T.

I have a dual 2.0 G5 that came with an nvidia GeForce FX 5200. I'm using two of those early Apple Studio Displays.

The configuration was easy, but one thing I can't figure out is that when I do the calibration in System Preferences, it only affects one of the displays (the one with the dock.) This is pretty important to me, as I keep my displays pretty dark, otherwise my eyes get tired more quickly.

(They're not in 'mirror' mode, BTW.)

OS is 10.3.9.

Thanks!
Old 30th June 2005
Gear Nut

Two easy options I can think of:

1. Go into System Prefs/Displays/Arrangement, and move the dock to the other display, then calibrate it. After you're done, move the dock back to it's original position.

2. Unplug the first display, leaving only the second display. Then you can calibrate it, and plug the other one back in, and you should have both calibrated.
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

do you have a monitor icon in the finder bar on the far right hand side? if so.. if you click on it.. it will show you both monitors and you can take it from there....

hope it helps
Old 1st July 2005
Gear Head

On my similar set-up I get two windows under the "monitors conrol panel". The primamry monitor has "display, arrangement and color" options, and the other has "display and color" options. I calibrated one of the monitors and then set the other monitor to the calibration setting I just created.

Taking it to the next level, I used one of those Spyder hardware calibration things. It made a big difference, but that's probably overkill unless you're a designer or really picky about color.
Old 2nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaby987
do you have a monitor icon in the finder bar on the far right hand side? if so.. if you click on it.. it will show you both monitors and you can take it from there....

hope it helps

Gah!

When I checked under System Preferences, I only got one control window. I didn't think to look there because I was sure it was another way to get to the same place.

Thanks!
Old 2nd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
Gah!

When I checked under System Preferences, I only got one control window. I didn't think to look there because I was sure it was another way to get to the same place.

Thanks!

no problem.. have fun...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search