The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenevolver View Post
I hope that all is ok with you because you sound very ominous. Wish you all the best.

Anyway The Glue is already amazeballs. If you can’t make your mixes sound ‘more 3D’ with the current version, I’m afraid the HD version won’t be at your assistance either. I suggest to observe how a real SSL compressor works (YouTube, even). The reason of not being able to utilise analog emulation plugins properly is because most of the times the user is not familiar with the real unit. That is why someone who has experience with real analog synths and compressors, can make a plugin sound more analog too.

Always rely on tools that are available at the moment and don’t wait for future products because you never know... Anything can happen at anytime and you might get disappointed.

I’m more excited about that 1176 and that Cytomic Synth.

By the way Andy, if you read this. Would that be possible for you to list all the currently available products on the market that you have worked on?

These are the ones I’m aware of:
Cytomic
FX Pansion Synth Squad + Compressor
Xfer LFO Tool/Serum filters
Logic Pro Alchemy Sharp filter
Ableton Sampler EQ8 filter (basically Cytomic MD 2x OS).

Thank you!

Few times in the studio I have sat and did a precise calibration test with SSL Buss compressor and UAD's hardware 1176 against every plugin counterpart, and no plugin matches the saturation, natural-sounding compression without spitting out transients...

If it was all about "Mixing is an art" topic, There are already thousands of hit records already without any SSL compressor even being used. Even with the 1st version of inaccurate UAD's SSL, there have been multiple hit songs...

Even with oversampling. If you do a printed null test of non oversampled vs oversampled file, in majority cases, you won't hear anything and even if there are few things, will be below -60db. So, To oversample or not?

Andy sir wouldn't have written actively on 94 pages on quality of modeling, few dedicated posts on oversampling... So good luck with your 3D mixing.. Obviously mixing is an art.

When companies haven't even modeled precisely and accurately every single capacitor and component in theory & there are few compromises done for least CPU usage how can they be even closer/equivalent to Analog compressor?
Old 10th August 2020
Cytomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
@ Andy Sir please release the UHD mode of Glue and (1176 if possible in this year 2020) that will be the most accurate modelling of any hardware.

Not kidding, but after reading the 94 pages for continuous 3 hours and grasping the knowledge, I fear if I get any accident or die, before witnessing the HD & UHD versions of your plugins.. :(

As one thing is very clear, unlike other companies who are into quick plugins release every often for money, with typical artificial compression sound, you are the guy who has a vision and confidence to model every single capacitor or component of an analog gear..

This will be a breakout sir, and will compel other plugin companies to follow you the same, when users will rave about the quality of your release.
Something as milestone, like you say everytime 3D rendering.
Otherwise if you won't, digital audio industry isn't going to innovate or get better with time on its own..

All plugins even in 2020 still sound 2 dimentional, and no compression sounds as natural, effortless as any hardware does..

Please consider this, keep aside other works and release this year HD & UHD version.
I wish to use them before anything happens to me.
Thanks for your post! The rub of being an indie plugin developer means that when there are bugs and updates to be done then new features and plugin development grinds to a halt, but rest assured I'm still chipping away at things and progress is being made

I've always had a hunch that multiple subtle non-linearities all add up to a smoother type sound, and a little while back this was proved as I compared some of the models in The Drop with versions that cut down on the number of non-linear elements being modelled, and the result was not as smooth sounding as the version with all the non-linearities.

This is also the case with The Scream, where I've got a lower cpu mode which still sounds good but not quite as nice as the full model. I expect this to be the case with the upcoming HD model of The Glue as well, and extra level of velvet on top of the current sound, but with the addition of stereo component variation I think this will be even more the case.
Old 10th August 2020
Cytomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenevolver View Post

By the way Andy, if you read this. Would that be possible for you to list all the currently available products on the market that you have worked on?

These are the ones I’m aware of:
Cytomic
FX Pansion Synth Squad + Compressor
Xfer LFO Tool/Serum filters
Logic Pro Alchemy Sharp filter
Ableton Sampler EQ8 filter (basically Cytomic MD 2x OS).

Thank you!
In chronological order:

* vellocet vreorder realtime slicing and delay plugin
* vellocet vfilter and dsp (licensed to fxpansion and steve duda lfo tool/serum)
* fxpandion synth squad 1 oscillators and filters and some effects dsp (also used in bfd)
* cytomic glue
* cytomic linear svf code (open source) given to ableton for eq8
* licensed glue to ableton
* helped ben from camel fix some alchemy filters done by antti
* cytomic drop non-linear filters
* licensed some drop filters to ableton
* cytomic scream non-linear stomp box
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-cytomic View Post
Today marks 10 years since the first beta of The Glue was released! A huge thanks to everyone that has supported Cytomic. I'm looking forward to getting the HD version of The Glue out this year and to the next 10 years of plugin making.
Hi Andy.
I have an edition of The Glue on my computer, I believe it is version 1.1.2 or sumptn like that.
I remember buying it when there was a rave about it some time back. And I seem to remember that it was a sweet deal at that time. It still works in my computer, but I cant find any email with the serial or code, in my system. I cant seem to be able to log in to your site neither. How was this distributed some time back? May I have bought it at some resellers site? Is there any upgrade options etc?

Best regards
Kay
📝 Reply