The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools/ADAT clock issue: How to Bump 44.1 to 48
Old 29th June 2005
Pro Tools/ADAT clock issue: How to Bump 44.1 to 48

I recorded some stuff on my Pro Tools 002 off of ADAT (yeah, we're talking blackface here) because the client I'm working with prefers to record his vocals in the privacy of his home and still only has ADAT. No big deal. I've done a few tunes with him already and had no issue. I think I recorded in 48k with ADAT as the master clock and had no issue. This time, perhaps this is the mortal flaw, I recorded in 44.1 (thinking that this is the ADAT standard and that it would be best) with the ADAT as master clock. All is fine until I play back the bounce. So, I must have the ADAT as master no matter what in order to play it back without it playing slow. I did screw up obviously. Can I convert these files somehow now to playback with the ADAT. How can I bump this up????

An apparent 17 year amateur
Old 29th June 2005
Hey Mount Cyanide.
Here's what you do.
Start a new session. Set it up in 48k.
Import session data and choose all of the tracks from your f'd up session.
On the right side of the import window, assign ProTools to not convert the files (from 44 to 48). In other words it will just read your files that were originally mislabeled as 44 as the 48k that they really are. Now play your session. Voila!
I'm glad I can be of help.
Thanks.
Old 29th June 2005
Mahalo.
You're the best.
Seriously.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search