The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Writing CD Text When Burning
Old 28th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Question Writing CD Text When Burning

i am having the darndest time burning a cd written with the text. I have used many apps - itunes, nero - and even a fully functional demo of adobe audtion. but the cds always come out with no text.

this got me wondering if it's the cd writers in the various computers- which are relatively new - but it's hard to find docs on the drives that specifically state whether they are capable of burning cd text or not.

anyone know if it's uncommon for pcs to have cdr writers capable of burning text? and what cost effective route can i go to get one that does?

i don't need an alesis masterlink do i? there must be other ways....
Old 28th June 2005
Lives for gear

How are you checking to see if your CD text is actually there? If it is by putting a
CD in the computer and seeing if it comes up in itunes or media player, you'll never know as those programs access the internet to get data from the Gracenote CDDB or other online databases to pull up the info on the disc. They do NOT read CD-text.

I use Samp and Sequoia to deal with CD-text here and they work flawlessly. The text doesn't show up in a computer, though...

--Ben
Old 28th June 2005
Gear Maniac

great info - thx.

yeah i am just inserting and :doh: expecting it to show up in itunes.

so - how are you going about checking to see if the text is there on the written cd?
Old 28th June 2005
Lives for gear

I either look on a CD-Text compatabile player (a DVD player I have here in this case) or I load the disc back into Sequoia. For replication, though, I usually create a DDPi that has the info imbedded in it.

--Ben
Old 28th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle
I either look on a CD-Text compatabile player (a DVD player I have here in this case) or I load the disc back into Sequoia. For replication, though, I usually create a DDPi that has the info imbedded in it.

--Ben
DDPi?

Tried googling this - but came up short ..
Old 28th June 2005
Lives for gear

DDP 2.0 image. Basically a CD image that can be used for replication. Developed by Doug Carson Associates. It is pretty much the standard for master submission these days.

http://www.dcainc.com

--Ben

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search