The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to open CD tray with OSX ?? Control Surfaces
Old 2nd April 2003
  #1
Lives for gear
 
C.Lambrechts's Avatar
 

How to open CD tray with OSX ??

I use an Edit Pack / Pro Control ... Edit Pack keyboard serves also as the mac keyboard ... but it doesn't have an 'open CD tray' button.

Under OS9 there was a little control panel that one could put in the control strip .... no need for a mac keyboard.

Any idea how to open the CD tray under OSX when there's no CD in it ???
Old 3rd April 2003
  #2
Gear Addict
 
mixer's Avatar
 

on my quicksilver running os10 and pt6 function control f12 opens and closes the tray.
Old 3rd April 2003
  #3
Lives for gear
 
C.Lambrechts's Avatar
 

ahhhh ..... CTRL + F12 ...... gonna try that.


Old 3rd April 2003
  #4
Quote:
Originally posted by C.Lambrechts
ahhhh ..... CTRL + F12 ...... gonna try that.

Here's another tip that you'll appreciate when you need it. Suppose your OS-X machine won't boot. You need to boot from a startup CD or diagnostics CD, but you can't get the machine to boot so that you can use the "Eject" key to open the CD tray. Frustrating predicament, eh?

Hold down the mouse button as you power up the machine and the tray will open up. Remember it. It'll be a lifesaver one day.
Old 3rd April 2003
  #5
Lives for gear
 
C.Lambrechts's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer
on my quicksilver running os10 and pt6 function control f12 opens and closes the tray.




don't work for me


stike
Old 3rd April 2003
  #6
Gear Addict
 
mixer's Avatar
 

try just the f12 key...that what apple says to use.
Old 3rd April 2003
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Steve Smith's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Fuston
Here's another tip that you'll appreciate when you need it. Suppose your OS-X machine won't boot. You need to boot from a startup CD or diagnostics CD, but you can't get the machine to boot so that you can use the "Eject" key to open the CD tray. Frustrating predicament, eh?

Hold down the mouse button as you power up the machine and the tray will open up. Remember it. It'll be a lifesaver one day.
good tip!
Old 4th April 2003
  #8
Lives for gear
 
joris de man's Avatar
Control strip eject

Hey Chris,

Have a look in your apple extras folder. I believe it is there where I found the extra control strip panel for ejecting cd's.
It is not installed by default (don't know why).
Additionally, something like quickeys should allow you to assign any key to the eject menu command.

Cheers,

Joris
Old 4th April 2003
  #9
Lives for gear
 
C.Lambrechts's Avatar
 

Re: Control strip eject

Quote:
Originally posted by joris de man
Hey Chris,

Have a look in your apple extras folder. I believe it is there where I found the extra control strip panel for ejecting cd's.
It is not installed by default (don't know why).
Additionally, something like quickeys should allow you to assign any key to the eject menu command.

Cheers,

Joris

the control strip thingy is for OS9 .... not for OSX right ???



The F 12 key does not work for me. not with any key bombination.


Looking through OSX help searching for keyboard shortcuts didn't get me something either.


Old 4th April 2003
  #10
Gear Nut
 

Hi Chris,

On my edit pack you have to hold down the F12 key by itself for the tray to open. Works fine.

Jamie
Old 4th April 2003
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
ultima's Avatar
 

Intuitive OS , yeah?
Old 4th April 2003
  #12
Lives for gear
 
C.Lambrechts's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by GreatDivideStud
Hi Chris,

On my edit pack you have to hold down the F12 key by itself for the tray to open. Works fine.

Jamie




that is on OSX right ???


did you change anything in the OS ... sticky keys on or whatever the name in the keyboard prefs is ???




Shift slect on the ProControl doesn't work .... F12 on the edit pack doesn't work .... I'll give it another go ...

Old 4th April 2003
  #13
Gear Nut
 

Yeah, OSX 10.2.4. This works with PT 6 and 6.01. No special setup. My mac is a dual gig.

Jamie
Old 6th April 2003
  #14
Lives for gear
 
C.Lambrechts's Avatar
 



F12 on editpack works ..... just needed to hold it to open the tray ..... single short click doesn't work


Old 9th April 2003
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Look here:

System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Eject.menu

Enjoy.
Old 15th April 2003
  #16
Lives for gear
 
C.Lambrechts's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan Folkson
Look here:

System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Eject.menu

Enjoy.

Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
laperlestudio / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
10
saxophonepraise / So much gear, so little time
7
Dennis / Music Computers
2

Forum Jump
Forum Jump