The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
OLDSKOOL MAC OS9 SETUP??
Old 27th June 2005
Here for the gear

OLDSKOOL MAC OS9 SETUP??

hi guys, i am new to this forum, i am making music since several years, on a mac G4 based system running logic audio, ii still use for some really old apps (i love!) OS9 next to OSX, but i have to completely reconfigure / reinstall my system, because of major changes... however, i am an absolut enduser, when it comes to computer issues (ask me about music production, i have pretty much zero IT skills- LOL), does anyone (still) know how to optimize OS9 for audio?? which extensions to enable?? etc, etc, etc,

lots of thanks in advance...
Old 27th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Hi,
Your extension set will be partially determined by your choice of peripherals....
Your audio and midi interfaces in particular) and the required extensions for the apps and plugins you have.... also you must ask yourself what other functionality are you willing to give up while in this particular set. IE: do you need to get on the net....? burn disks? attach FW devices, etc.
Sooooo the question is not so simple noor is the answer...
However if you supply me with your specifications I can certainly help you. Not one of my 10 macs still have OS9 on them so I cant look at one now to help you.
For now start with the base set, than turn off all that you are SURE you don't need, like all security stuff, all multiple user stuff, all voice recognition, all speech, all extras that refer to functionality that you understand and know that you don't need.
Email me if you like at tony(at)c2technologists.com
Good luck
and install OS X
You will get used to it....
:-)
Old 28th June 2005
Here for the gear

hi studigeek, wow and thanks a lot!!

the system change will take place in a few weeks, so i will not hesitate to contact you directly via e-mail... with some detailed information about the new set-up, e.g. what midi interface, etc. etc. which apps blah, blah

thanks so much, and talk soon, i will have a friend helping me as well, who is a mac IT guy, but doesn't know anything about audio-set-ups on comps...

cheers
axel
Old 28th June 2005
DAT
Gear Head

Stay in os 9 its da **** once you have your set extensions right your all set

www.maddzulumusic.com
Old 28th June 2005
DAT
Gear Head

sorry read that wrong

www.maddzulumusic.com
Old 23rd November 2013
if you have an old powermac check out Mac OS 9 Lives - Home !!!! the site dedicated to doing music production on mac os 9!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search