The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic 6 and Digi HD Hardware?
Old 2nd April 2003
Here for the gear

Logic 6 and Digi HD Hardware?

What do we know? Anything? I work on an HD2 rig at the big room, an 001 back home, usually PT on the HD/ Logic 5.5 in mi casa (PTLE lately for the ease of transferring sessions) and have always just done the 'cosolidate and bounce' dance when moving tracks between Logic and PT. Now, I'm really interested in just running Logic on both, as I get more mileage out of the emagic rig on the native system but haven't quite wanted to cough up the 500 USD for the HD extension, being that I have no idea what's gonna happen in the osX versions. We've got PT6 running smoothly in X.2.3, will probobly update to LAP 6 in a couple weeks.
How about anyone using 5.5/6.0 on HD hardware under 9.x? I would really like to just grab my logic key and go. The Emagic phone boy at grass valley (emagic-usa) told me they were about to release a bundle (they've really got bundle-itis lately) of all the TDM stuff; EPIC,Bridge,Extension, etc.. Anyone got some fist hand? Decisions.......
Old 2nd April 2003
Lives for gear

I got a PT 6.01 pdf in my email today .... I think I saw it mentioning support for third party apps to use digi hardware under OSX.
Old 3rd April 2003
Gear Addict

Logic 6 (OS9) runs with HD hardware beautifully. Logic 6 (OSX) WILL run with HD and Mix hardware in a future sub-release. Emagic won't be dropping Digi support in OSX.
Old 3rd April 2003
Here for the gear

CL I think the pdf was referring to the stand alone Digi Core Audio drivers, which, as I just observed, aren't stand alone. MOA has been saying that the drivers were forthcoming, and they were released with 6.0.1. Sort of...

I've got to do some research on all of the TDM extra$ that you have to buy to use Logic+HD, and how they work. I'm going to go dig around on the DUC. What I don't want to happen is that I sink all of this cash on the HD extension/TDM Bridge/EPIC etc..and then it become unnecessary for OSX use.

Kenn, were you referring to using 6 with the HD extension? Or whatever else? (all those little blue and yellow boxes are beginning to confuse me...or maybe it was the 6 hours of vocal track comping..I don't want to hear a fucking word for at least 8 hours...)

Thanks again
Old 3rd April 2003
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Morningstar
I don't want to hear a fucking word for at least 8 hours...
LOL!!! heh I know the feeling!!!

Yea, Logic 6 in OS9 works with HD and all the other TDM stuff. I'm not sure what kind of upgrade policy Emagic will have on the TDM OSX stuff, so I can't speculate. I DO know that they are VERY aware of their TDM userbase - it's a group of users they know have lots of influence in bigger studios, so it's not something that they'll drop support for. If anything amiss happens with TDM in Logic, it'll be Digi's fault, not Emagic's.
Old 3rd April 2003
Here for the gear

imagine that.........
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear