The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone tested the Saphire yet?
Old 26th June 2005
Lives for gear

Anyone tested the Saphire yet?

I don't really need it for converstion...i'm more interested in hearing if those plugins are any good. I think they run off the dsp from the unit.

Has anyone taken a test drive?
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

it's not shipping yet. ams has it shipping on 7/15. it does look very interesting especially being able to use the dsp on the way in while recording.
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

I didn't realize you only use the DSP on the way in. I read it over on the focusrite sight. They said that there are more audio interfaces on the way and this is the first of a series...
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

my friend ordered one

and I think you can use the plugin at mixdown as well as on the way in

hes still waiting too
Old 27th June 2005

there were free versions of the plugins (preset only) on one of the magazines about a month ago, future music, computer music, or ????? can't remember
Old 27th June 2005
Gear Nut

I have a pre release version for testing right now. I don't have the driver/application for running the dsp plugs yet-this apparently isn't ready yet (my local dsitributer has the saffires-just waiting for focusrite to send them the final version so they can ship).
On a mac it uses the OS level firewire driver. The converters seem to be on par with most motu boxes (and it was a slight step up from the maudio firewire410 or echo mia i have at home right now). The pres seem to be equal to an mbox. Headphone outs have a fair bit of juice. The mute and dim switches are nice but very small and a bit fiddly. The unit I have acts a bit funny on the very bottom of the monitor level pot travel (the audio level jumps up and down a bit). Not sure if this is due to cheap pots or if my unit is a bit funky but it's annoying when monitoring a very low volumes.

The dsp runs on the box and you can't use the plugins in your DAW. From what I can remember (focusrite sales pitch was a few months ago!) about the mixer app it seems that you should be able to set up a send and return from your and use the plugs that way.

Jeff
Old 27th June 2005
Lives for gear

if u dont have the driver application for running the dsp plugins yet then they not gonna run in the daw right?

imma wait for a retail version where everything works and check that out

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search