The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MOTU 2408 mk2 w/324 ASIO failed! ADAT
Old 25th June 2005
MOTU 2408 mk2 w/324 ASIO failed! ADAT

Hi

I just bought 2 Behringer ADA8000 and a MOTU 2408 MK2 with PCI-324. The ADA8000 is connected to the 2408 through ADAT, both In and Out. At this moment I only use 1 ADA8000 to test if this work. And I'm jusing Nuendo 3 with the latest 324-driver installed on a Windows XP pro computer.

I've used a couple of hours just to get this to work, and now it seems that I made it by setting the sync on ADA8000 at 44.1 kHz (Master) and by setting the clock source to Internal on the MOTU. The BANK A on the MOTU is set to ADAT with output source as "From Computer", and the sample rate is 44,1 kHz

With this setting I can record and it seems like everything is Ok, but when I start the ASIO Multimedia Setup it fail...

Anyone here got any ideas? Please!

BTW: is it normal that it start's to make a lot of noice when you connect a xlr to a mixer through the backside of ADA8000 when the colck source is set to PCI324 ADAT on the MOTU 2408?
Old 25th June 2005
Gear Head

Maybe I can help:
What is your master clock? Do you have clock cables set up properly?
If 2408 is master clock, then 2408 is set correctly to "internal"; if
ADA8000 is master, then 2408 would be set differently.

If this is not the problem, let me tell you, I could never get my 324/2408
to work with XP! (BUT, I have a dual monitor card, which MAY have something
to do with it.) So, I put it back to my old WinME box. This still works well
but only supports 18 to 24 simultaneous tracks.

Good luck. Stay on email or phone with MOTU until they help you.
Old 26th June 2005
I don't know what device I should use as master, but I guess since I have 2 pieces of ADA8000 I should use the 2408 as master. Last night I attached the other ADA8000 to the recording equipment and I got everything to work allright, but the ASIO-MME test is still failing, but I've managed to make the loss of sync far less than earlier.
Old 26th June 2005
Gear Nut

I've got a 2408mkII as well that I use with SX3 and as far as I know that device will never pass that test. It's not a big deal for me. Everything records accurately. I just don't think it's configured to pass that test.

Jake
Old 27th June 2005
I don't think the ASIO-MME test is testing with the appropriate driver for the MOTU card. I believe the test is configured to test only with the generic ASIO/MME drivers and not the specific MOTU ASIO driver. So don't mind what those tests say.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search