The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Digidesign Update is FINALLY HERE!!!!!!
Old 23rd June 2005
Digidesign Update is FINALLY HERE!!!!!!

The update for 10.4 for all PTLE is finally here!!! Im downloading it right now. Any problems so far anyone has expierenced?
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Wow, guess I'll go out and get a copy of 'Tigger'

I'll have my report in later.
Attached Thumbnails
Digidesign Update is FINALLY HERE!!!!!!-tig.jpg  
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Not T- I - Double G- ER , T - I - SINGLE G - ER!
Like so- heh
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

Oh...my bad. No wonder I couldn't find it.
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Is this only an updater, and does 6.7 or 6.9 need to be installed already? I'm having problems opening the file it puts on my desktop so I'm assuming it needs prior app. info.

Dante
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Maniac

ok, there it is in print, needs pre-installed 6.7 or 6.9. Nice one Dante.

tryin it again, hope dis werks

Dante
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Maniac

strangest update ever. My G5 wouldn't recognize what the file was, so I had to download the upgrade on my Powerbook and transfer the update to my new computer once it had been recognized. Weird!

Dante
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

If anyone's unclear on this (it can get confusing), if you bought PTLE + Digi hardware after Sept 25, 2004, you can get PTLE 6.7 for free by sending the appropriate PTLE 6.7 Update Request Form to Digidesign; then you can upgrade all the way to 6.9.2 (which is approved for use with Tiger [not Tigger, as I initially thought it was called.])

If you bought PTLE + Digi hardware before Sept 25, 2004, it's all the same except the upgrade to 6.7 costs $75.

I was disappointed about one thing in 6.7; the color coding. First of all, the part of the strip that shows the color is tiny, and many of the colors are hard to differentiate in such a small area; secondly, I would like to be able to make the colors of the waveforms match the color coding on the track so I don't have to glance back at the 'scribble strip' to know where I am.

I'm sure someone there is listening.

hellooooooooooo......
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
I would like to be able to make the colors of the waveforms match the color coding on the track so I don't have to glance back at the 'scribble strip' to know where I am.

Bingo
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
I was disappointed about one thing in 6.7; the color coding. First of all, the part of the strip that shows the color is tiny, and many of the colors are hard to differentiate in such a small area; secondly, I would like to be able to make the colors of the waveforms match the color coding on the track so I don't have to glance back at the 'scribble strip' to know where I am.
You can do this by going into the Preferences and selecting the "Display" dialogue.

Set the "Default Track Color Coding" to "Track Type", and the "Default Region Color Coding" to "Track Color".

That's how I have mine set up and I'm getting the waveforms the same color as the little color indicator on the left side of the channel display. Well, I'm using 6.9, but I think this feature was introduced in 6.7.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

I didn't think they'd go to all that trouble and then not implement that feature. It seems like a small thing, but I'm very excited to have learned this! (Thanks, Albert!)

I used to be so much better about going through all the documentation, but these days, as soon as I get through two or three pages, my eyes glaze over and I fall asleep.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

I use manuals mostly when I get into a spot that I can't figure out. But what I usually do when learning software is just go through all the preferences, all the menus, click all the buttons, just try everything on the screen. With the manual nearby! Reading them though from beginning to end is usually a great cure for insomnia though. thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search