The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
External FX Missing in Cubase SX3
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Nut

External FX Missing in Cubase SX3

I think this forum is more dedicated to computer hardware, but I thought someone might have an answer for me. I set up an External FX bus in SX3 and was routing a pre-fader insert from the stereo output buss to an external processor and back. Everything was fine until I saved and closed the project. When I reopened the project "External FX" was listed under "Missing Plugins". I tried to remove the FX bus and recreate it, but still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jake
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

I'm assuming you're using a crack or you'd probably be having this answered over at the Cubase or Nuendo forum.
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Nut

You assume wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdarling
I'm assuming you're using a crack or you'd probably be having this answered over at the Cubase or Nuendo forum.
I've posted there as well, I'm just not having any luck getting answers.

Thanks for all your help though. I really appreciate it.

Jake
Attached Thumbnails
External FX Missing in Cubase SX3-sx3.jpg  
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Hahahaha... That's good stuff!
Sorry but I can't help you since I haven't made the jump to Nuendo 3 or Cubase SX3 yet.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

LOL!!!! nice pic. robdarling self-pwnt.

can't help ya on your problem, but here's a BTTT with hopes of getting some better responses.

good luck.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

I don´t kow which sound card you are using, and to what type of I/O you have adressed the external FX (analog or ADAT) but check if the ASIO driver is the apropriate, check also the VST connections to see if everything is routed as it should, also try to do adresses your processor to other I/O to see if it happens again.

Nice pic BTW.
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Nut

Stag,

MOTU 2408mkII. Good thought but the hardware settings are correct (at least the same as they were when it was working). Also I know the physical connections are right because as a work around I just printed the effect by bussing out of 3-4 and bringing the processor returns back on another set of tracks (bouncing like you would have before the new "External FX" feature.)

Jake
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

I'm not trying to be an ass- I've actually had the same problem. But Nuendo and Cubase are widely available as cracks and the forums are filled with folks who use cracks and expect help. The Nuendo and Cubase have very strong, sophisicated userbases who are enormously helpful, but there is a strong effort to weed out non-users.

Have you updated your profile to include you key info? This may be why you haven't gotten a response.
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Nut

I'm well aware of the piracy issues. It's not like I came on here and said, "hey guys, what's a dongle?" Anyway, all is forgiven . . . but I'm leaving that picture up because people seem to think it's funny.

I did register with my dongle id at cubase.net. I actually had to re-register because I hadn't been there since they changed the procedure and they must have thrown out my old username. I've gotten some responses, but nothing solid yet. I post at cubase.com a lot, but it's mostly newbies. I'd be pleasantly surprised to get an answer there. Like I said above, it's easy enough to work around the problem. It's just a pain in the ass when a new "feature" doesn't work.

Jake
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

isn't your finger pointing the wrong way??
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

1st maske sure youa re using the latest update for SX3 and then remebr that if you name the external fx they will be lsot when you re-open your project.This is a known bug and is already fixed int he upcoming update.However as a workaround you can create a project template with all your external fx named ie dbx lexicon etc so when you start a new project use this template as you starting pint.

Hope this helps..
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Nut

Thanks.

I had just gotten a response on cubase.net and was coming over here. They seem to believe it is fixed in release 3.02.623. I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for the work-around, as well.

Jake

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search