The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Digi001 Pops And Clicks From Adat
Old 20th June 2005
Here for the gear

Unhappy Digi001 Pops And Clicks From Adat

Hi there peeps

I've been racking my brains lately with my old digi001. Basically im seeing and hearing clicks and pops. ive looked inside the pc with the adat connected and the little LED on the 001 card flickers off when the clicks occurs. When i record the click it looks like the soundcard is temporerly turning itself off and when it turns back on the click occurs.
Ive tried changing bit rates etc and it still happens. also tried just connecting the adat back into self using different channels to avoid feedback. and it still happens so i know it isnt my mixer. It doesnt happen on my analogue ins just my adat ins... and not on the outputs.

Ive tried DUC but no reply yet
Is this the end of the line for my 001 or is there something simple ive missed....?

Thanks in advance...

Nick
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

nick.
dont know if i can help.
but i'll try.
was this pc working before ok with the 001 ? (ie..click free ?)
if so - did you change anything recently in your pc .
if you DID change something - what was it ?
normally clicks and pops occur in a pc when a new device has been added
that is overriding resources needed by the audio.
Old 20th June 2005
Here for the gear

hi
no new hardware has been installed.. i have had a problem similar to this before and i fixed it by changing my mixer settings i think i changed from some wordclock setting to the adat one and that fixed i dont know exactly what i did but it worked!
The problem has started to come back gradually over the past week and is now pretty severe with clicks almost every second...
Any ideas?
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

can you confirm the sample rate of the adat device and the 001 are the same ?
Old 20th June 2005
Here for the gear

yes they are both set at 44.1
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

check to see if the Digital clock into PT is set to "ADAT" when you record. Then change it back to "INTERNAL" when you are finished with the adats
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

if you only have the adat in connected is the clock source set to external. do you get the click on audio in 1-8?
Old 20th June 2005
Here for the gear

Yeah the clock is set to external/ADAT and the click happens from channels 1 to 8... but it acually doesnt click as much on channel 1 for some reason... when i changed the buffer down to 128 it got a little better but still pretty bad
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

is that 1-8 audio in or 1-8 adat in? or on all channels. and dose the click happen across all the channels at the same time or is it random?
Old 20th June 2005
Here for the gear

most of the time it is across all channels though sometimes its on seperate channels
Old 20th June 2005
Here for the gear

And it only does it on the adat inputs... not the spdif in outs or analogue. I dont hear it on the adat outs either.. just the adat inputs
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

make sure both adats cables are connect to the Digi unit not just one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search