The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
tracking software? not protools, but easily compatible with PT.
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Addict

tracking software? not protools, but easily compatible with PT.

I'm doing some upgrades with mic pres and mics (GR MP-2NV, Soundelux) will upgrade my converters with Apogee or Lynx, but would like to know what some consider to be solid tracking software that is easily compatible with Pro Tools in studios were someone to want to use recordings done by me in a PT studio. Mainly recording live instruments, less MIDI. I have Sonar 2XL and find it pretty solid and know the program, though the plugins lackluster.

Not considering price, what is the advantage of going to something such as Nuendo or Cubase or Samplitude? This is my question. I know lots of threads are out there, but looking for an answer specific to this question.

I just need good tracking software with good plugins. I'm considering just doing the upgrade to Sonar 4 PE and complementing this program with good freeware and/or other bought plugins.

Thanks.

Last edited by wilkinswp; 18th June 2005 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Addition of info
Old 18th June 2005
Motown legend

I don't know much about Sonar. The thing that makes you easily compatible with Pro Tools or ANY other DAW is the ability to easily create 24 bit mono audio files that all begin at the same sample. Ideally these would be timestamped broadcast WAV format. Virtually every current version of a DAW I'm aware of can work with this.
Old 20th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Try Digital Performer!
www.motu.com
Old 20th June 2005
Gear Addict

Nuendo 3 / SX 3 and some uad-1 cards should do it.
Old 20th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPA FROST
Try Digital Performer!
www.motu.com
Agreed, DP is the most PT compatible software out there… down to PT emulation gui layout. thumbsup
Old 20th June 2005
Gear Addict

I use Cubase SX2 with an RME Hammerfall 96/52 auido card clocked with an Apogee Big Ben. I have a license for SX3 but had trouble with the software on my computer. Waiting for SX3.1. SX3 is a nice program, just wasn't stable on my computer (Carillon Audio, 2.53 Ghz, Windows XP Home SP1, 1G ram, Seagate drives)

The RME card really is very solid. You can use one with Sonar.

-Gary

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search