The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RME hdsp9652 vs Lynx l22
Old 18th June 2005

RME hdsp9632 vs Lynx l22

I got a lynx two b now, but just got another machine, i put the lynx in my dedicated music box, now my second machine (net, games,mp3) box has a sound blaster audigy 2 in it... oh the pain... Its pure pain to listen to anything out of the sb audigy after using the lynx dacs... i gotta upgrade..

Well what i am really wondering now is, should put a rme hdsp9632 in my music machine and throw the lynx back in my personal computer? i know that the lynx has a wdm driver that works well with games, and i have heard the rme's are not great for games. so i wouldnt want to put that on my music machine..

what i want to know is this, will the rme card sound as good as my lynx card for monitoring and mixing in the box? now i use a lynxtwo and love the way it sounds. Does the rme handly latencies better than the lynxtwo? will i be able to use lower buffer settings? the rme has 2 analog outs, that is what i would monitor with. is this a decent enoough dac to monitor and occasional run stuff out of to re record with? i know the lynxtwo sure is. Now, i am tracking in through a chandler tg2, into the ksp8 from the ksp8 in to the lynxtwo via aes/spdif. Does the clock in the lynxtwo destroy the rme? etc etc?

or should i do this? keep the lynxtwo card, buy a benchmark DAC1, and connect it to my sound blaster audigy 2's digital out. will this work? then i could also use it aes out of the lynxtwo when i want as well. Would this solve my problem?

i plan on using both machines system link, so i need good sound out of both..
Old 7th September 2005
Gear Maniac
How did you fare in the end?

Did you get another Lynx or did you go for the RME?
Old 7th September 2005

well becasue usb midi is crap and the only new card with good midi spec is the rme9652, i went with it, and now i spdif via my ksp8, i got the analog in and out for my ksp8, so i got 8 in 8 out, so i use 4 for my returns on my analog mixer as a scratch pad, then i use 2 for digital out, and 2 for a/d in to cubase..

results are stellar, i love my tg2 on everything, drums, bass, guitars, synths, vocals. it is great i am getting great results.. selling the lynx2. the lynx2 rocks, but with no midi, i had to sell it, i think the ksp8 is on par with the lynx2 dacs.. i only use 44.1 any how so i dont need anything more than that..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search