The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dual Video KVM Switch
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Dual Video KVM Switch

i have 3 computers with dual monitors and need to do switching between them. i've seen some of what's out there but was looking for any suggestions from users.

any thoughts?
Old 16th June 2005
There is only one

are they 3 of the same computers? like all windoze or all mics? i had to find a way to switch between a mac and pc and ended up using the switcher on my monitor and having two keyboard/mice, but with 3 you definately have to go with a switcher.... and the dual monitor switcher market is shallow.
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajerk
are they 3 of the same computers? like all windoze or all mics? i had to find a way to switch between a mac and pc and ended up using the switcher on my monitor and having two keyboard/mice, but with 3 you definately have to go with a switcher.... and the dual monitor switcher market is shallow.
luckily (hmm..how lucky am i..) it's a 3 PC's...one is for tracking, one for mixing, one for misc. internet/graphics/etc stuff...

i guess i'll just grab one...there are several i found on the internet, the iogear looks pretty cool..
Old 17th June 2005
Mindreader

Please could you put links up to what you find out there, I'm on the market for a bit of this too
Old 17th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevvyB
Please could you put links up to what you find out there, I'm on the market for a bit of this too

i'm looking at this one right now...they aren't cheap but heck...very worth it

it's a 4 port, i'll throw my laptop on it too...

http://www.kvms.com/products/SV421DD.asp

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search