The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone have Opcode Studio Vision?
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Anyone have Opcode Studio Vision?

Hi, I have a great many old songs being held captive in my old Studio Vision app and now the authorization floppy no longer works so I have no way to get at those songs to convert them to Pro Tools.

Does anyone have a copy of this expired program? I would be so appreciateive if someone could hook me up.

Thanks
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Sometime after Gibson pullled the plug, they put up apps for download that didn't need the floppy authorization... Have to take a look around some backup drives, but I've definitely got it. PM me.

Peece,
T. Tauri
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Nut

Opcode.com used to have the downloads, but it looks like Opcode.com has been overwritten with a default Apache install....

There are still several Opcode "fan" sites that have download sections....but they all point back to the Opcode site...

I beleive I have it squirreled away somewhere as well, if ttauri doesn't come through for you, let me know and I'll go digging too!
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Addict

Most of what you need can still be found here . More good info at this place.

Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

You guys totally rock! That website has everything I need. Thanks so much!
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

Hmmm, well Studio Vision, that was a nice program. Great interface and what a pitty it went down the drain... Stil my favorite!

Roger
Old 14th July 2008
Here for the gear

Hello!
New person here; joined to ask for further info on this particular topic, interestingly so please bear with me if you're the type that hates to see back-from-the-dead and still rotting topics tearing up through the graves!

The info here is a bit outdated and all the sites are dead and long gone!

If anyone has this program (preferably Vision 2.5 for windows) let me know, because i would love to get my paws on this lost-forever gem! heh

BRAINSSSSSS!!
Old 15th July 2008
Here for the gear

quick bump AND a promise not to disappear forever once i've been helped
Old 16th July 2008
Gear Addict

Vision gives me flashbacks of college...

This guy rules;

Old 26th April 2012
Vision to Cubase or Logic

I've decided to bring back my Vision recordings into Cubase or Logic, and to do so am rebuilding a G3 with MacOS 9. Once I figure out the process I'll be able to help others who want to revive their old work. I actually have a beige box that was floppy-authorized but the green Mac should be a tiny bit faster. Not sure about getting OMS to run over USB however.
Old 3rd November 2012
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsepeta View Post
I've decided to bring back my Vision recordings into Cubase or Logic, and to do so am rebuilding a G3 with MacOS 9. Once I figure out the process I'll be able to help others who want to revive their old work. I actually have a beige box that was floppy-authorized but the green Mac should be a tiny bit faster. Not sure about getting OMS to run over USB however.
anyone got a link or pointer to where i can get a copy of the old opcode software for windows ?
Old 3rd November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Dracula View Post
Vision gives me flashbacks of college...

This guy rules;

This is why I hate all marketeers ... tossers all ... I suspect he's no longer recording ... heh
Old 9th December 2014
if anyone is looking for vision for windows
here it is version 2.5
(2.5.1 update is also available)
opcode vision 2.5 for windows compatible with windows 3.11

this is compatible with windows 3.1 + windows 95
you may have problems installing on windows 98
i would suggest windows 95 osr2??

not sure if it requires fat16 filesystem (2gb limited size) or fat32 (2tb limited size)
remember its recommended to use an official opcode midi interface with this software
and rumour has it the mac version is superior

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search