The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
phoenix vs analog channel (or do I need both)
Old 16th June 2005
no ssl yet 
phoenix vs analog channel (or do I need both)

Got a few Mc DSP ?s
I know I need compressor bank but I have a few questions on other MCDSP stuff

Guys it's been years since I have used analog channel. I feel cranesong Phoenix is an absolute must have for mixing in ptools. Would I still need analog channel.

Also is channel G needed if I get the other MCDSP stuff.

I have all the URS STuff. Bomb fac pultec, and the waves stuff. Do I still need filter bank?

If I try to get by with Cranesong Phoenix and Compressor bank, will I miss the others?
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet
Got a few Mc DSP ?s
I know I need compressor bank but I have a few questions on other MCDSP stuff

Guys it's been years since I have used analog channel. I feel cranesong Phoenix is an absolute must have for mixing in ptools. Would I still need analog channel.

Also is channel G needed if I get the other MCDSP stuff.

I have all the URS STuff. Bomb fac pultec, and the waves stuff. Do I still need filter bank?

If I try to get by with Cranesong Phoenix and Compressor bank, will I miss the others?
You could get by with the others with no problem, I will say that I love analog channel! I feel that it's one of those must have apps. When I started using it, I really felt that my PT mixes began really coming together then other apps I mixed in. When a studio I work at demoed it, we HAD to get it!

I'm so sold on it that if/when I open my own room, it'll be the first app I purchase.

But yeah, you should be able to get by. <wink>
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

They are a little bit different. Analog channel is more about compression, although the AC2 does some nice beefy colouring as well..
Phoenix is really about colour; I've demo'ed it and it sounds amazing! I think the combination is absolutely awesome.
When I have some cash on my hands again I'll be getting phoenix.

Another one to try, that can emulate the phoenix effect a little bit is Hydratone by Tritone. It's an EQ (and a very good sounding one at that), but it emulates various equalizers (Focusrite, Amek, API) and you can even choose which one per band!
It has a 'fire' control that adds some harmonic distortion I believe, which sounds absolutely fantastic, and a little bit like Phoenix.

In any case, both AC and Phoenix are excellent for mixing and getting things to stick together much better. I only wish there were VST versions of both, since I'm doing a lot more work in Nuendo these days...

Cheerio,

Joris

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search