The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Simple MP3 editor?
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

Simple MP3 editor?

I'm looking for a simple MP3 editor, kinda like coooledit 2000, for the Mac. OS9 or 10...even better cool

I don't have the MP3 extension for PT and just want a simple / fast editor to make sound clips / demo's with a fade, etc from full length songs etc on my Ti powerbook. L/R is all I need for this...

Any suggestions?
Old 28th March 2003
Lives for gear

Nobody? Does everyone just buy the MP3 extension for PT ? Show me some love here!

jho
Old 29th March 2003
Mac Moderator

jho,
Do you want software that will process the MP3 files, or a piece of software that will let you edit the audio, and create MP3's from the result?

Well the answer to both questions above maybe Bias Peak. Though it costs alot more than the Digi MP3 extension, its a very usfeul app to have in the Toolbox.... Runs in OSX too..... Better than it ever did in OS9 imho.

If you want a very cheap piece of software that will let you perform edit functions on MP3 files, then do a search for Audion. Its kinda like iTunes, but with editing features added on, plus a few other little tricks too. It only costs a few dollars, plus you get a fully functional trial period too.

Hows that for love lol!!!

Al.
Old 29th March 2003
Audion allows you to edit MP3's directly. It's also a very cool, skinable MP3 player for OS9 & OSX.
Old 29th March 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks! ! I'll check out both. thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search