The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
You can preorder DP4 now!
Old 19th March 2003
Lives for gear

You can preorder DP4 now!

i just ordered Logic 6.0 and now i see that you can go to motu.com and get DP 4. Decisions, decisions!

Unfortunately, it doesn't say a thing about it's features! Does anyone have any information?
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

Well... DP4 is going to have this really really cool thing! It's going to be compatible with OSX.

oh wait...

Ok ok ok ok ok check it, it's going to do this cool thing where it "freezes" the track freeing up resources... and... crap.

Oh yeah it's going to have this cool integrated sampler...

It must be frustrating.

I actually feel bad for the folks at MOTU.
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

Re: You can preorder DP4 now!

Quote:
Originally posted by XHipHop
...Unfortunately, it doesn't say a thing about it's features! Does anyone have any information?
X,

I think it's pretty much the same, except it works in OSX now. That, and Free MIDI will be gone, replaced by whatever turd Apple has laid with the "Core" MIDI thing.
Old 20th March 2003
There is only one

Quote:
Originally posted by tunesmith
I actually feel bad for the folks at MOTU.
is this sarcasm? why would you feel bad about people at motu? seems they have been up to a LOT over there. releasing the HD192, 2408mk3, the 24i/o... AND a cross platform software sampler, all while updating DP to OSX a little behind the curve of everyone else who supplies the plugin manufacturers with apps to run new versions of the plugins under [even though a LOT havent moved to OSX] and releasing an OSX version.

sure i can preorder, but why would i? i have no need to... all my plugins arent available that i need and have in OS9/x, and i wonder if i have to rebuy them all again.

im just glad they got the pci324 drivers to osx for my FCP.
Old 20th March 2003
Lives for gear

And here I was getting all excited about some new kind of ensoniq unit... I really should read the catogorys first...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search