The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Apple Acquisitions?
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

New Apple Acquisitions?

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/tsnotes.html

Quote:
If you're waiting for AppleWorks 7, look instead for iWorks, coming from Apple later this year. Sources said that iWorks will consist of a word processing application tentatively called "Document," Apple's Keynote presentation software, a spreadsheet application, and a database app. Unlike AppleWorks 6's integrated format, iWork's apps will be separate programs but connected, much like Apple's iLife. Look for more details on iWorks from Think Secret in the near future.
Also interesting of note.

Quote:
Another unconfirmed tidbit concerns a company called Minnetonka Audio Software, which Apple is said to be considering acquiring for its DVD audio authoring solutions. If true, Apple would integrate Minnetonka's software into future versions of DVD Studio Pro. Contacted by Think Secret, John Calder, Minnetonka's director of marketing, said, "We have no comment at this time."
IMO this would be just great! Minnetonka Audio has a nice set of DVD-Audio Authoring tools starting at $495 for DISCWelder Steel. Multichannel Audio right to a Superdrive that plays at home on your DVD-V or DVD-A would be really cool. I hope this happens. But I wouldn't want to see Apple discard the PC side. I think both could exist harmoniously.

http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com

[ 03-15-2003: Message edited by: hmurchison ]
Old 15th March 2003
Lives for gear

The Minnetonka Audio part is one to follow .... most interesting ... thanks for posting it.
Old 15th March 2003
Mac Moderator

There's no way Apple would keep those Windows apps intact if they bought Minnetonka...

The Audio editing apps look horribly dated, so there's nuthin for Apple in those. I reckon (if all this is gonna happen..) that they'll take the bits they want from the discwelder type stuff, and incorperate it into apps like DVD Studio Pro.

Al.
Old 16th March 2003
Gear Maniac

Blah they should have bought macromedia when it was 6 bucks a share a few months back
Old 16th March 2003
Lives for gear

I think this would be a decent purchase. DVD Studio Pro hasn't had a major update since it's inception. I'd love to be able to burn 5.1 mixes to DVD or even CDR. Home Theater in a Box systems are so cheap and computers have plenty of 5.1 options. I'd like to dabble in a little Surround Sound myself.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search