The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PT: Does anyone else find that....
Old 1st October 2008
Lives for gear

PT: Does anyone else find that....

Hey everyone

PT was driving me mad today. I'm running HD3 (non accel PCIx) on a G5 dual 2...OS10.4.9 PT7.4

Basically everything is fine until I get to DSP shuffling time. I'm mixing a record at the moment where the sessions are big and I'm probably running the whole of the first card on the mixer and ADC, and my plug ins are about half and half RTAS and TDM for the remainder. Of course there's always that moment when you need to add another output or just try to squeeze something onto one of the sharing chips and it all stops to reshuffle and think about it. But today it just beachballed instead of coming back again. And then trying to bounce a dithered version of the overnight crashed it again.

Recently the whole system has just been sluggish when there's a lot going on.

I've done all the usual preference killing and repairing permissions.

Plug in wise I'm using Waves API and masters, Massey, MDW eq, soundtoys, and apart from digirack stuff, that's about it.

Does anyone else find that PT just isn't happy when it's nearly maxed or do I have problems?

I think I'm going to go Accel soon but that's going to mean a new mac and all that grief.

Thanks for any advice.

Jack

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search