The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Samplitude / Multiple CPU / UAD Poll DAW Software
View Poll Results: Do you have a reliable Samplitude / UAD system?
Yes, I have Multi-CPUs, 2 or more UADs, and Samplitude works reliably
13 Votes - 59.09%
No, I have Multi-CPUs, 2 or more UADs, and Samplitude does not work reliably
9 Votes - 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianneve View Post
I was chiming in to let you know I am failing. That's it. Just venting really. I don't look for PC Samplitude Support on a mostly pro Tools Mac site. :>) All your points are good ones though. I have either already done or am about to do all of them. I'm 4 weeks into this you see and I've been building for 10 years. This wasn't my build though. But we will figure this out in the next few days I'm sure. :>)
Well, good luck at sorting it all out. I hope you get it resolved asap. I've been there.
This looks to be a classic 'if you want it done right, you do it yourself' situation, unfortunately.

Make sure you update to V10.21.

Greg
Old 26th March 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusbliss View Post
Well, good luck at sorting it all out. I hope you get it resolved asap. I've been there.
This looks to be a classic 'if you want it done right, you do it yourself' situation, unfortunately.

Make sure you update to V10.21.

Greg
Yeah I did that a few days ago thanks.
Old 27th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianneve View Post
I was chiming in to let you know I am failing. That's it. Just venting really. I don't look for PC Samplitude Support on a mostly pro Tools Mac site. :>) All your points are good ones though. I have either already done or am about to do all of them. I'm 4 weeks into this you see and I've been building for 10 years. This wasn't my build though. But we will figure this out in the next few days I'm sure. :>)
Actually I just remembered I did initially have a problem with the UAD-1 card and Windows XP, specifically that it wasn't being recognised properly in Sequoia. Universal audio send me a specific file to put in the windows registry and from then on it worked.
Old 27th March 2009
Gear Maniac

try sawstudio out

RML Labs Downloads - Demos
Old 27th March 2009
Gear Addict

You know last time I had a really bad problem with Samplitude Sawstudio was suggested to me. I don't remeber why I dind't try it. Maybe price? Now almost no price will deter me. I have to be solid. But learning Pro Tools doesnt appeal to me much. I have the M audio version just to make transfers and I just don't like it. But the thought of having HD and it never breaking sure does appeal to me. I'm still thinking about it. Let me go check out this Saw thing..

Thanks,
M
Old 27th March 2009
Gear Addict

Tried the Saw. Liked some things about it didn't like others. On just a quik run through.
Old 31st March 2009
Would any of you people running -two or more- UAD-1 cards (not one card) please chime in with your exact motherboard model. I am going to start cycling through motherboards. Keep in mind that my systems run perfectly with nuendo.. and very well with with samplitude when multiple CPUs are disabled in samplitude.....

Current Motherboard
Intel DP35DP - Does not work with multiple CPU in samplitude on system listed below.... fine with nuendo and reaper

Motherboard #1: (I just bought this)
GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0)

-----------------------------
DP35DP Dual Core 3.0 ghz -1333Mhz bus, 2 gig DDR-2 800, 1xRME AES-EBU, 1 x RME Digiface, 1 x UAD-2 Duo, 4 UAD-1, 2 Powercore MKII, Magma 13 slot, WinXP SP2, Nuendo, Samplitude, Reaper - no samplitude multiple cpu
Old 31st March 2009
Gear Nut

Hi Chris-

Have you spoken with our tech support? Give George a call at 330-259-1597 and we will get you sorted out...
Old 31st March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehillaudio View Post
Hi Chris-

Have you spoken with our tech support? Give George a call at 330-259-1597 and we will get you sorted out...

OK, thank you.
Old 1st October 2009
Well, here we are with Samplitude 11 and I am on my third system trying to get this stuff to work. Here are my notes.

- Recent UAD drivers 5.41 seemed to help with multiple CPU and samplitude function. I can actually run Multi-CPU without violent stutering. I am not sure if it is reliable for me. I am trying to eliminate my UAD-1s because I have a suspicion that they are more problematic. But in response to this, I updated my system to a quad CPU with the hopes that we may be moving forward......

- and imagine my disappointment. I found that Samplitude multiple CPU usage is inefficient I am not using multi-cpu because it loads all four cores for only a 25% gain in Samplitude CPU utilization.. (see explaination) I'll have one CPU used in samplitude at 80%, then switch to multiple CPU. While using all 4 cores, Samp only drops to 55%. The systems response changes too - in a negative way

- With samplitude V11, I am noticing that my powercore cards seem to stay in their loaded state after working in a project for a while and then closing the project. When this occurs, the card resources are released only when closing the program. I am not sure if this corresponds with sessions in which a CPU overload occurs.. It doesn't happen all of the time..

- I am running a new system with a fresh Win XP SP3 installation. I have all current bios, firmware, drivers, plug-in versions (---everything-- is up to date).
Old 22nd December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kress View Post
.......I am trying to eliminate my UAD-1s because I have a suspicion that they are more problematic.
The system really does work better with the OLD UAD-1s removed. The UAD-1e seems to be better and works nicely with a UAD-2..

Quote:
.......- With samplitude V11, I am noticing that my powercore cards seem to stay in their loaded state
I imprioved this by using a utility to manually increase PCI latency (priority to that card)..

I find myself closing the entire application periodically, and this helps.... Overall, the system is relatively solid without multiple CPU.. Again, Multiple-CPU usage in Samplitude is crap on my system.
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
The system really does work better with the OLD UAD-1s removed. The UAD-1e seems to be better and works nicely with a UAD-2..

I imprioved this by using a utility to manually increase PCI latency (priority to that card)..

I find myself closing the entire application periodically, and this helps.... Overall, the system is relatively solid without multiple CPU.. Again, Multiple-CPU usage in Samplitude is crap on my system.
I agree on Multi CPU with UAD. It does not work reliably on my system with two UAD-1e's.
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Adobe Audition 3.0 > Samplitude

Every day of the week. I dont care if people in Europe think Samplitude is great. A3 has far better features. Most people just dont know it.
Old 23rd December 2009

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search