The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hum/noise removal software for video/MAC
Old 5th March 2003
Lives for gear
Hum/noise removal software for video/MAC

I have a video project that has serious hum/hiss problems, I'm doing it as a favor,not my usual. The thing is 2hours and 15 minutes long, I digitized it in IMOVIE and have tried spark,peak and the filters in premiere but the best so far has been a demo of ray gun seem to leave the dialog but killed the hum and hiss.
I do have Protools but have never done a video project with it so I have no experience using for this purpose.
I also have final cut which I will try later.
So anywhoo this is a dv project so has anyone used raygun,or the new Imovie or any of the other apps out there to remove hum?
Part of the problem is finding an app that keeps the file length the same so you don't loose sync.
any ideas?
daniel
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

your question should be plug in, not app. the best plug in for this i know of right now is waves restoration bundle.

it will work in many apps, including peak and pro tools. it's all i'll be using tomorrow on a restoration job. i understand cedar or someone else is porting their audio cleanup/noise removal stuff to pro tools hd, but i don't have that yet. anyhow, check out the waves plug ins. at the very least use the demo while doing this project. you'll prolly love it and buy it. that's what happened with me, and i'm glad i did. hth.
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

BNR and Waves for me... BNR has saved my arse many times...
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally posted by pounce
your question should be plug in, not app. the best plug in for this i know of right now is waves restoration bundle.

it will work in many apps, including peak and pro tools. it's all i'll be using tomorrow on a restoration job. i understand cedar or someone else is porting their audio cleanup/noise removal stuff to pro tools hd, but i don't have that yet. anyhow, check out the waves plug ins. at the very least use the demo while doing this project. you'll prolly love it and buy it. that's what happened with me, and i'm glad i did. hth.
Yeah I would love to have the waves stuff! So what do you do import the movie into protools and use the waves tdm, and then export it as a movie? Thanks
daniel
Old 6th March 2003
Lives for gear

i just got a canopus video converter thingie, so i'm getting into a new process.

i'm doing restoration today on audio tracks, so video is irrelevent.

however, i turn can things like video clips into a quicktime movie, use pro tools or digital performer, clean the audio up, and then you have a correct length audio file that is simply cleaner. import it many ways (imovie, quicktime, etc. ) hth.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search