The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD2 is a PCIE card Dynamics Plugins
Old 16th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhu View Post
I dare you to post this on the UAD forums!!

They'll hunt you down with the ferocity of a pack of rabid dogs on meth for desecrating the holy cult/god of the UAD.

Those forum members are not that much. They are fierce doe.
I think that apologetic attitude is sad, in face of the problems that this outdated technology is prone and native processing being more efficient than ever.

I have 4 cards, with almost all the goods and a 4 slot Magma for sale, BTW.
Old 16th January 2008
Lives for gear

Not just Duende, PoCo and Liquid Mix is its oppenent but Weiss is coming with their Powerhouse, which dont care about pci, usb, usb2, fw, fw3200 whatever, its AES, 8 channel, 4 dsps changeable....
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

In 24 hours we may have answers.

Your UAD account has a $20 coupon in it, which doesn't look so promising. Maybe that's some kind of tease or something?
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

Uhhh, am I missing something? What's all this crazed speculation???? Didn't a rep from Universal Audio explicitly say it was a typo, and NO UAD2 would be coming out at NAMM? I doubt a member of the company would flat out lie like that...
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope209 View Post
Uhhh, am I missing something? What's all this crazed speculation???? Didn't a rep from Universal Audio explicitly say it was a typo, and NO UAD2 would be coming out at NAMM? I doubt a member of the company would flat out lie like that...
No the rep from Universal Audio expressly DID NOT discount the possibility of a UAD-2. They simply clarified the relationship with Empirical Labs. This was, ahem, an interesting omission from their post.

Quote:
Dear UAD Users,

We would like to clear up speculation and mis-information by making a formal statement from both UA & EL clearing up the following points.

1) UA & EL have signed a Trademark Licensing Agreement.

2) There will be plug-in partnership announcement at NAMM 2008 confirming that the EL Fatso will be a forthcoming plug-in for UAD-1.(ONE)

3) The expected ship date for the UAD EL Fatso plug-in will not however be until late 2008.

Apologies for any confusion and we wish you all a Happy 2008 in your music making!

Best,

Mike Barnes

VP Of Marketing
Recording Academy, ASCAP, NARAS Member
Analog Ears | Digital Minds
All that says is that the plugin will run on UAD-1. It says nothing confirming or denying a UAD-2.
Old 17th January 2008

20 dollar discount on the new DVD sets they have available. Whoo hoo.
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Head

Looks like us processing power hungry but budget conscious people will have to get ourselves a Mini Duende now... :P
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Head

PS HINT HINT HINT!!!
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuss88 View Post
Looks like us processing power hungry but budget conscious people will have to get ourselves a Mini Duende now... :P
What's all this about a Mini Duende???
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

so looks like we will be finding out today? duende mini looks kinda cool too...
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

last thing i've heard that universal preparing some kick ass stuff, but NOT uad...
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

UAD-2 is on the way. But still no details & not clear if it can be used simultanously with the UAD-1.
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
UAD-2 is on the way. But still no details & not clear if it can be used simultanously with the UAD-1.
Where are you getting this info? do tell!
Old 17th January 2008
Deleted bd1be4f
Yeah, don't tease us...
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
I already have 2. They have 10% more power than UAD-1!

I'm going to Hell..... tutt
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingduck View Post
I already have 2. They have 10% more power than UAD-1!
I'm going to Hell..... tutt
Ya ........I only have one UAD 2 and my computer is not looking so good. Here's a pic of the new cards that you will see at NAMM.

Old 17th January 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBER View Post
Ya ........I only have one UAD 2 and my computer is not looking so good. Here's a pic of the new cards that you will see at NAMM.

heh talk about crappy "load balancing"
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimey View Post
heh talk about crappy "load balancing"
Hahahahahahaha (sorry I couldn't resist)
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

50% of the reason I am going to NAMM this weekend is to see a friend of mine from High School who is working there, the other 50% of the reason is to go to the UA booth and hear it straight from the (crappy load balanced) donkey's mouth...
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

UA's website is updated - NO new card!!!
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

Their home page has changed and the webzine is up. no mention of any UAD-2..however there are new DVD's.....lol
rsp
Old 17th January 2008

what a let down. oh well, back to making music with my old cards. At least I have a 20 dollar voucher to spend on those cool new DVDs
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Guru

How thoroughly disappointing. Decisions..decisions

So the "exciting" new announcements were a few already released DVD's and a signature edition preamp. lol
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

UA isn't a publicly traded company, is it?

If they were, the shareholders would do some culling. This is depressing sales.

Anyway they have until AES to get their act together.
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

I honestly don't see how a lot of you guys here got your hopes up. The email that was posted from a UA rep earlier looked to me like their wasn't much big news coming. Maybe I am just too cynical anyway.
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Guru

Well maybe they are holding out waiting for the "big" announcement later on in NAMM for a big dramatic impact. No? Okay I resign with my head down.
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
I honestly don't see how a lot of you guys here got your hopes up. The email that was posted from a UA rep earlier looked to me like their wasn't much big news coming. Maybe I am just too cynical anyway.

I think one of their press releases mentioned something to the effect of "big exciting news" at NAMM so draw your conclusions. If you think exciting news is DVD's and a signature preamp...
Old 17th January 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I think one of their press releases mentioned something to the effect of "big exciting news" at NAMM so draw your conclusions. If you think exciting news is DVD's and a signature preamp...

Well, don't they all say that? Again, I just don't get my hopes up too much with anything these days.
Old 17th January 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
Well, don't they all say that?
True. heh
Old 17th January 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
... and a signature preamp...

of which only 500 will be made...how is that big news to the thousands of UA customers who aren't in the market for some high-end boutique mic pre? And the DVD's...well i used a voucher to buy their last one, all I have to say is I'm glad i didn't pay for it. what a waste of money and time.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search