The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD2 is a PCIE card Dynamics Plugins
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend****** View Post
dfegad on all this baseless speculation.
I dfegad on you.

The fact that I don´t tell my sources does not mean it´s a baseless speculation. I told you that Logic 8 would be released soon when everybody was sayin "I think Apple has dropped development on Logic". GS people did not believe me and they wanted a *proof*. GS people want a *proof*, even if somebody would loose his/her job for that. But then GS people got their *proof* when Logic 8 finally came out.

Now I told you several times I know for *sure* they are working on UAD-2 and you say it´s baseless speculation. Next time I will not tell you anything anymore. I am not a liar and I do not do baseless speculations.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Maniac

fake
Old 4th August 2008
Here for the gear

it seems that most people around here don't realize that intel x86 chips suck at audio processing compared to dedicated dsp, its not what they're designed for at all. using an x86 chip for audio processing is about the equivalent of a gamer saying "i have 2 processors and a bunch of ram, i can just use one of my processors instead of a dedicated graphics card." it doesn't work that way. you can do so much more with the right tools.

anyone who says that digital can't be as good as analog doesn't understand sampling theory and/or computational theory. an analog signal can be represented as the number of electrons flowing through the converter during each sample. When you look at the output level of a microphone, its less than 2^23 electrons per sample at 96 khz, so it can be represented fine by a 24 bit number. With a sample rate of 96khz you aren't losing anything in the high frequencies as you can represent up to 48khz with no loss of quality. If you think about it, a compressor operates on input with a fixed maximum size, attack time+release time+c where c is a constant. Nothing that came before this time is going to have any effect on the output of the compressor. I think this is called the envelope but I'm not sure about that. What is important is that a compressor is calculated in constant space. This means it can be represented by a regular language and can be decided by a state machine. We know how to build state machines.

If you don't have a degree in computer science you probably didn't understand that. Sorry. Basically what it says is that it is theoretically possible to exactly model hardware compressors in software. EQ's are even simpler.

I'm really hoping that the UAD-2 stuff is going to be indistinguishable from hardware. I think the dsp technology is powerful enough now to do it, so hopefully they got it this time.
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancekid View Post
fake
fuuck

(I think this is a defamation. Can I now PLEASE be banned from GS forever? )
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

so this uad-2 solo, dua, quad thing was just some stupid prank??! Can UA say something official b4 the all thing goes outta hand? Oh shh*t maybe it's too late already..
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Nut

I don't think GC and Musiciansfriend did a fake about this... probably more an error to display the products too early.
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

GYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE
my uad-1 is more important to me than my rackgear

i can not express in words the joy im feeling for the time being
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6strings View Post
UAD-2 solo $500
UAD-2 duo $900
UAD-2 quad $1500

2-4 weeks.
6stings is our winner! Out of 9437 participants, he won the 4-year-long search for the uncomprehensable, infamous UAD-2!!

Congratulations
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaNeT View Post
I don't think GC and Musiciansfriend did a fake about this... probably more an error to display the products too early.
or good promo for both
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Finally!!!!
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

feel like cant wait for 2 more weeks!
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6strings View Post
UAD-2 solo $500
UAD-2 duo $900
UAD-2 quad $1500

2-4 weeks.
How about a link,

like a link from an official UAD annoucement ?

Perhaps ?

Or are we going through the same inane grapevine thread again, like the one I almost started when the head of UAD import guy in France told me a year ago: "there is a surprise coming soon, honnest to God, on my mother's eyes"

malice
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Ok,

one more thing: Santa was your Dad, and the little Fairy was not the one that slipped a coin under your pillow.

No, don't cry, please, don't ...

malice
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenwert View Post
I dfegad on you.

The fact that I don´t tell my sources does not mean it´s a baseless speculation. I told you that Logic 8 would be released soon when everybody was sayin "I think Apple has dropped development on Logic". GS people did not believe me and they wanted a *proof*. GS people want a *proof*, even if somebody would loose his/her job for that. But then GS people got their *proof* when Logic 8 finally came out.

Now I told you several times I know for *sure* they are working on UAD-2 and you say it´s baseless speculation. Next time I will not tell you anything anymore. I am not a liar and I do not do baseless speculations.
My my! What exactly is it that made you think I was talking to you? My post was a joke, I was poking fun at all the rumors by claiming I had "hard" info via some fifth hand blather. I sorta figured that the "UAD-2" might mean "UAD too" would be the tip off, but I guess it fell flat. Anyway, just my luck, once I decide to try and be funny the next post has some hard info :-)

As to the product, it's great to hear that something's coming
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Addict

ooh I love having 2 cards that yesterday were worth a good few hundred dollars each... And today them being worth 3 dollars.

Damn I hope they have a buy back scheme..
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronique View Post
ooh I love having 2 cards that worth yesterday worth a gopod few ghundred dollars each... And today them being worth 3 dollars.

I was wondering about that too. If your UAD 1 plugs can be ported over to UAD2 without any kind of buy back scheme that would mean you would still be able to use your existing UAD1 cards and licenses on another computer or do whatever you want with them which to me still makes them worth something. You probably wouldn't be able to upgrade the software but even if my cards never get upgraded again they still will be very usable for a long time.

I wonder how they are going to handle this.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
ooh I love having 2 cards that yesterday were worth a good few hundred dollars each... And today them being worth 3 dollars.

Yeah I can feel your pain, I have 4 in a magma chassis... That's the only bad thing about this annouce
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend****** View Post
My my! What exactly is it that made you think I was talking to you? My post was a joke, I was poking fun at all the rumors by claiming I had "hard" info via some fifth hand blather. I sorta figured that the "UAD-2" might mean "UAD too" would be the tip off, but I guess it fell flat. Anyway, just my luck, once I decide to try and be funny the next post has some hard info :-)

As to the product, it's great to hear that something's coming
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

UA's breakin' my balls.

Just throw up a splash page or something.

(And to think, I was about to drop $$$ on a discounted Waves Studio Classics bundle this month.)
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

there are several "new products" on MF that don´t show up on manufacturers sites.
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by malice View Post
How about a link,

An official announcement would be nice.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducerBoy View Post
UA's breakin' my balls.
(And to think, I was about to drop $$$ on a discounted Waves Studio Classics bundle this month.)
Waves must have new this was coming!!!

And it has.. This is gonna hit Waves like a Tsunami!!!!

Old 4th August 2008
Gear Addict

Calling AB Gen

For the sake of the non believers. I think you need to edit the Titile of this thread!!!

thumbsup
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Maniac
zero latency
zero latency
zero latency???
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Guru

I suspect a new UA Webzine will be released today announcing this.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by malice View Post
How about a link,

Perhaps ?

Or are we going through the same inane grapevine thread again, like the one I almost started when the head of UAD import guy in France told me a year ago: "there is a surprise coming soon, honnest to God, on my mother's eyes"

malice
go look yourself on guitarcenter.com, musiciansfriend.com, sweetwater.com

they all posted UAD-2 information yesterday.

UA has not made an official announcement yet.
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Are you kidding?? Go and talk to somebody who once bought a big Pro Tools III TDM rig, right before ProTools 24 came out. Or somebody who bought an SSL G series, right before they stopped making those big floppy drives SSL used. THAT's money down the drain.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I suspect a new UA Webzine will be released today announcing this.
The august one doesn't say a word about...
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Question:

I have two UAD 1 cards with lots of plugs.
If I sell both cards to someone, do I still own the licenses for the plugs? Or are they part of the cards?

Does that mean I'd have to re-buy all of my plugs for the UAD 2?dfegad
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaNeT View Post
The august one doesn't say a word about...
I only see the July one up.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search