The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Refx Nexus 2 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 7th August 2008
Here for the gear

Refx Nexus 2

I guess just about all producers of EDC know this plugin

Of my favorite new features i can tell that it brings a brand new arpeggiator. I've always liked the one in Nexus, but this thing is just great. Its so simple to use, yet its easy to get the result you want. It also supports changing single notes now so you could build a whole bassline in it if you'd want to. Its the easiest custom arpeggiator i've ever tried, but it doesn't lack features.

Another thing, might be the biggest new feature (its competiting with the new arp in my mind), is that you can now control volume etc of the individual oscillator. Many of the presets are layered, with this feature you now really got control of the individual layer.

And the phaser, licensed from Arts Accoustic. Just fabulous. Oh, there are now dual FX slots, of course switchable.

On top of this you also get Dance Expansion vol. 2 from Manuel Schleiss which is fabulous as usual. Some very interesting new leads here, i was pleasantly surprised to see the selection.

There are quite a number of other new features, check it out at:

reFX - Home

note: I have been betatesting this plugin for some months, thats why i can tell you about the features already. I don't get paid to post my opinions about the product here though, i just enjoyed it and thought i'd share the news that its finally released.
Old 7th August 2008
Lives for gear

Great plug...gotta upgrade.
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Nut

But *WHY* do they use the damn Synchrosoft dongle? What's wrong with iLok?
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurfen View Post
But *WHY* do they use the damn Synchrosoft dongle? What's wrong with iLok?
it's not safe on windows.
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjamm View Post
So ban Windows..
Old 9th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjamm View Post
Man I just got the email about Nexus 2, and was wondering about that dongle also... Yea that really is a pain. I agree, make it Mac only then. Surely they make more money from Mac users than PC...
Old 9th August 2008
Gear Head

love nexus 1 and am absolutely dying to update, BUT I won't do it because I promised myself NOT to use any dongle protected software anymore besides Waves. It's just such a PITA to transport the dongles from the studio to my home and plug them into the laptop. So sorry refx you lost a customer...
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

YAY! Now I don't have to spend $15 per skin and I get a dongle as well! I will never upgrade.
Old 12th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavypop View Post
love nexus 1 and am absolutely dying to update, BUT I won't do it because I promised myself NOT to use any dongle protected software anymore besides Waves. It's just such a PITA to transport the dongles from the studio to my home and plug them into the laptop. So sorry refx you lost a customer...

nexus is only downloadable they don't even give you a box or anything which i think is bullshiz and now you also need a dongle moehahahaha

just wanna say lets all boycot the stupid ilok and other dongles and all these plugins that come with it
security dongles etc. are just crap everybody knows that so why buy it

there are enough good plugins out there with just a serial

dfegad dongle
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

whatever nexus stuff is just a cheap excuse for a real dance synth like the virus/blofield/nord lead. Screw the dongle and ****ty samples and get the real deal!

I looked at nexus 2 and the c64 expansion looks pretty good though. The presets look nice and its not easy to find good c64 sounds in most modern synths/ plugs.
Old 12th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ View Post
nexus is only downloadable they don't even give you a box or anything which i think is bullshiz and now you also need a dongle moehahahaha

just wanna say lets all boycot the stupid ilok and other dongles and all these plugins that come with it
security dongles etc. are just crap everybody knows that so why buy it

there are enough good plugins out there with just a serial

dfegad dongle
What? I own Nexus, and they shipped a DVD. You have no idea what you're talking about.

And not to highjack the thread, but I'm pretty sure that most people who hate the ilok, do so because they can't get a pirated verison of the software.

My problem with Nexus 2 is that it uses a DIFFERENT dongle than the ilok.
Old 13th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by confooshus View Post
What? I own Nexus, and they shipped a DVD. You have no idea what you're talking about.
sorry my bad guess i missed that on the website

Quote:
And not to highjack the thread, but I'm pretty sure that most people who hate the ilok, do so because they can't get a pirated verison of the software.

i use ilok also for East West Ministry of Rock but don't see the point for users to have it

first time i used it i already encounter big problems

trying to register software an than the ilok brakes oeps i was half way there omg what now?
if the store (where i not bought the ilok only the software) didn't gave me a new ilok and also fixed the registration (now thats mayor service) i would be totally

people who make money with producing music buy the software anyway so your story in pirating is not something i believe in
downloading is what beginners do just to have a bit of fun
or people who test something before they buy cause lets face it some demos are really useless
Old 13th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ View Post
downloading is what beginners do just to have a bit of fun
or people who test something before they buy cause lets face it some demos are really useless
Old 13th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYAMS View Post
whatever nexus stuff is just a cheap excuse for a real dance synth like the virus/blofield/nord lead. Screw the dongle and ****ty samples and get the real deal!

I looked at nexus 2 and the c64 expansion looks pretty good though. The presets look nice and its not easy to find good c64 sounds in most modern synths/ plugs.
reFX - quadraSID summary
Old 18th August 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by confooshus View Post

I buy all my software, but I hate dongles BECAUSE... they're inconvenient in bed, where I continue to work when I come home from the studio. heh
Old 10th November 2010
Hi, I just bought Nexus2, downloaded it and I can't do anything else because I now have to wait for the dongle to arrive . . . how long do they usually take to deliver a dongle to a US address please?
Old 11th November 2010
Gear Head

^about a week or maybe less
Old 11th November 2010
Thanks!
Old 11th November 2010
Lives for gear

Is there anyway to make payments??
Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear

copped the nexus2 along with 2 expansion packs...vintage drumkits & guitars to use in Logic Studio 9.

i went to GC and got a Steinberg Key...for around $26 b/c i didn't feel like waiting the week for the dongle
Old 16th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
copped the nexus2 along with 2 expansion packs...vintage drumkits & guitars to use in Logic Studio 9.

i went to GC and got a Steinberg Key...for around $26 b/c i didn't feel like waiting the week for the dongle
How does the Nexus 2 registering process work with the steinberg key? Is the license deposited on your account similiar to the ILOK?

Regards
Josef Horhay
Mixing Engineer
www.acoosticzoo.com
Old 17th November 2010
Lives for gear

The licenses are simply just stored on the dongle. eLicenser doesn't use accounts.
Old 18th November 2010
Nexus2 not appearing in Logic 9

Hi, I just received my Nexus2 and installed everything including the license, all went OK but when I open Logic there is no Nexus listed either in the AU manager or as an instrument. I have tried both 32bit and 64bit, tried reinstalling, rebooting ect but there is no Nexus anywhere in Logic. The nexus component is sitting there in the plugins folder too but no Nexus2 available to use in Logic.. Any help much appreciated. Thanks! Simon
Old 18th November 2010
Lives for gear

If the AU is definitely there, then delete your AU cache file located here:

User > Library > Caches
Old 19th November 2010
Thanks for your help - you fixed the problem for me! Have a good evening
Old 28th June 2011
Gear Maniac

Does any1 else find that the sounds are just way too big and way too wide?
Old 28th June 2011
Gear Maniac

Yay! A plugin that makes music for us
Old 19th July 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelencia View Post
Is there anyway to make payments??
same question here. 2K is a load of cash - at least for me.......
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Refx Nexus 2

I got the Nexus 2 and as I work with Logic Pro I was wondering when it would be available in 64 bit. Here the answer I got today:

native 64 bit versions will be available with the next Nexus2 update. We don't have a release date yet, unfortunately. It'll probably just take a few weeks.

Regards,
Old 1st October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritzildino View Post
Does any1 else find that the sounds are just way too big and way too wide?
?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search