The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help !!! Very Strange behaviour on PT HD
Old 7th February 2003
  #1
Here for the gear
 
matiaslanzi's Avatar
 

Angry Help !!! Very Strange behaviour on PT HD

While mixing on pt HD I tryed to select a piece of audio to delete, the deletion ressulted in the deletion of the entire track, all the traks audio was gone.

Tryed different tools, Graber time, graber object, graber cut, I beam; tryed all with the same ressult.

I also tryed on a MIDI track, selecting a note to erase will erase all the notes.

I created a new session and imported the tracks, same situation.

After checking preferences, trashing digi set up and PT prefs my only choice was to re install thinking this is a code corruption, but same thing happens.

Any ideas, digi has none.

Please help I'm stuck!
Old 7th February 2003
  #2
Lives for gear
 
doug_hti's Avatar
 

did you delete in the actual Edit window track, or over on the side with all the files?

If over on the edit window on the track, have you tried selecting the audio on the playlist and even cutting it out (apple x)?
Old 7th February 2003
  #3
Here for the gear
 
matiaslanzi's Avatar
 

This happens on the edit window using any edit command such as cut, copy, paste or delete. It seems like it doesn't know what my selection is.

Digi has no previous record of this problem.

One thing I forgot to add is that this started after I used beat detective. I took a 4 bar region, processed it with beat detective, cutting, conforming, filling and crossfading. When the process was done I wasn't able to get into the little regions that beat detective created. Instead clicking on a little region selected all the precessed span.
Old 9th February 2003
  #4
Lives for gear
 
doug_hti's Avatar
 

any luck yet?

Have you tried to seperate regions in the edit window, or using audiosuite to create a new continuous file after your done with beat detective, then chop up the new continuous file?

Have you looked through all preferences, do you have any Groups selected, have you tried creating duplicates of those and then chopping those up? that is seriously wierd...some sort of corruption, huh?!

good luck...
Old 9th February 2003
  #5
Lives for gear
 
blackcatdigi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally posted by matiaslanzi

One thing I forgot to add is that this started after I used beat detective. I took a 4 bar region, processed it with beat detective, cutting, conforming, filling and crossfading. When the process was done I wasn't able to get into the little regions that beat detective created. Instead clicking on a little region selected all the precessed span.
Not sure what you've got happening, but you may want to try deleting the fades at the front and end of the selection you want to remove, then deleting the section... PT should (in fact), not allow you to delete any section with a xfade to a non-selected section.

Also, make sure you're NOT in grid mode, but slip mode.
Old 9th February 2003
  #6
Here for the gear
 
matiaslanzi's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by doug_hti
any luck yet?

Have you tried to seperate regions in the edit window, or using audiosuite to create a new continuous file after your done with beat detective, then chop up the new continuous file?

Have you looked through all preferences, do you have any Groups selected, have you tried creating duplicates of those and then chopping those up? that is seriously wierd...some sort of corruption, huh?!

good luck...
Separate Region works, when trying to delete the separated region the entire contents of the track gets deleted.
I keep going back to the preferences section hoping to find some feature that will create this, but I don't believe this is a useful feature at all, so I discarded that posibility. I did duplicated thinking it was just a glitch. but no luck yet.

Groups have no effect on the behaviour, on a 4 chan group, when I delete with the I beam the first 1 or 2 channels will disapear and the other 2 will show correct behaviour.

Another thing I noticed is that when I click with the grabber tool in boject mode some times and in some tracks the clicked audio will not get selected.

This is not session related, It is starting to happen in other sessions, it's intermittent but once is kicks in, the erratic behaviour is consistent, that means always the same everytime it happens.
Old 9th February 2003
  #7
Here for the gear
 
matiaslanzi's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by blackcatdigi
Not sure what you've got happening, but you may want to try deleting the fades at the front and end of the selection you want to remove, then deleting the section... PT should (in fact), not allow you to delete any section with a xfade to a non-selected section.

Also, make sure you're NOT in grid mode, but slip mode.

I'm aware of the crossfade situation, the thing is, non contiguous audio is getting deleted too, when PT finds that a crossfade is not selected and is part of a selection to be edited, it displays an alert advising you about it.
The problem happens in all modes, even in spot mode when clicking a region and "auto spot regions" is disabled, I don't even get the spotting dialog box to enter the numbers.
Old 13th February 2003
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Alécio Costa's Avatar
 

hey, I use PT Mix 5.1.1 and something weird happened to me.... Whenever toll I selected , Pt always would take my audio region of its original place. Sometimes trimming, the region jumped .
I closed everything, rebooted, did a save session copy in.

I think your sessions is ****ed up, corrupted. Copy it :
a) To another Hd
b) To the same HD

Evaluate both
Hope it helps
Old 13th February 2003
  #9
Here for the gear
 
matiaslanzi's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by Alécio Costa
hey, I use PT Mix 5.1.1 and something weird happened to me.... Whenever toll I selected , Pt always would take my audio region of its original place. Sometimes trimming, the region jumped .
I closed everything, rebooted, did a save session copy in.

I think your sessions is ****ed up, corrupted. Copy it :
a) To another Hd
b) To the same HD

Evaluate both
Hope it helps

I found it to be a corruption, not on the session but on the session's tracks. I'm trying to find a common denominator for this. What computer and video card are you using?


Thanks
Old 13th February 2003
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Alécio Costa's Avatar
 

matias, are youasking this to me or the author of this post? If it is to me, I use a G4 800 Quicksilver with 512MB RAM, 100 GB HD with PT mix ( d24 + DSP FARM + MIx farm) light piped to 2 adat bridges.
Additional software: Toast 5.0.2, Norton. No internet, no viruses never, just original authorized stuff from Waves, TC Works.
Old 13th February 2003
  #11
Here for the gear
 
matiaslanzi's Avatar
 

Alecio, thanks for the reply, I was trying to see if the video card has at all anything to do with the track corruptions for it is the only foreign thing in my computer. I recently installed a radeon 8500 dual on my AGP port.
By the way, I'm going to Brasil, Bahia for carnaval, and then Fernando de Norogna to rest, any good recomendations.

Thanks
Old 13th February 2003
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Alécio Costa's Avatar
 

matias, if you come to the south, which is much nicer than these propaganda stuf they do of Brazil , I shall take ya to some nice beaches and restaurants. Florianópolis, is a mini Rio de Janeiro weithout danger, assaults and poverty.


Hope to hear from ya
You can reach me by email either
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump