The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Soundreplacer Alternative
Old 12th July 2005
Lives for gear

Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus
To get back to the original post, are there any available & reliable alternatives to Soundreplacer for Pro Tools? There must be another way to do this?

Drumagog has been promising a Mac RTAS version for over a year and still nothing. Aptrigga is buggy with the wrapper. I have banished wrappers from my system because of one too many crash in front of an important client.

Couple of sessions ago I was mixing and the Soundreplacer DEMO expired. I haved to worked for hours and didn´t have time to format my hard disk and install everything so that I could use Sound Replacer again.

BECAUSE IT SOUNDED BETTER THAN THE KICK´S ORIGINAL TRACK, BECAUSE I WAS IN A HURRY, AND BECAUSE IT WAS A HOME RECORDING OF A KICK WITH A REALLY BAD SOUND, I FINALLY DID THIS AND IT DID WORK!

1.) Make a really nice sample let´s say for the kick. (I always carry mines)
2.) Copy it and Tab to the first transcient of your kick track.
3.) Paste the sample.
4.) Tab to next transcient and paste the second sample.
5.) Tab and Paste Tab and Paste until you finish your track.

It wouldn´t take to long!

PROS:

Depending on the style of music you r doing, it´ll work and you will have a better kick sound.

It´s nicer to have a kick that sounds great but it needs some help on the automation, than a kick that sounds like shait.

CONS:

Drummer´s feel is gone, cause all your kicks r gonna sound the same (same expression, same level, same shait, same etc.). Maybe you can ride the tracks and automate some feel in the kick track.

This was made under PRESSURE cause the room sucked and the kick sucked and working until 4 am sucks (WHEN IT¨S THIS KINDA WORK) and I need this work to be done. Hope it helps you!

PUPO
Old 12th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSS
TDM. I am using Long delay compensation. I have been doing the deactivate for updating the plug. It still is off sometimes. Not every hit is sample accurate. Some will be as much as 300 samples off. 6 snare hits will be on then one is 300 samples off etc. When bussing and recording to a track, "compensate for delays after record pass" is checked as well as"compensate for input delays. I have messed with the tracking/sensitivity for hours and it doesnt matter. Resolution is set to auto.Engine is set to advanced/Higher detail. If you have any tips I am all ears.
I have Sound Replacer and Aptrigga and I just bought Drumagog Pro. I'm really dissapointed in Drumagog.
2 reasons:
1 You CANNOT audition your own samples from within the Drumagog browser.
To do this you must create Gog files for every sample.......which is not possible given the gigabytes of thousands of samples on various drives.
If you want to make up multi velocity groups of samples or use a bunch of hits from you current track then Drumagog is for you.
If you want to throw a plug on a track, point it to a folder of snares or kicks and start auditioning then stick with Aptrigga.

2 The latency in Drumagog is a step backwards. Even is simple mode the latency is bad enough that you have to move your tracks. The other modes are plain unuseable......and even so, why is it that Aptrigga actually triggers more accurately and is still sample accurate when you record the results?
I know that the latency is not an issue when using native hosts that have the compensation feature. Protools using RTAS does not do this. Not the programers fault...but Aptrigga has no problem with this.

BTW I run a HD Accel2 rig and as far as I know when using delay compensation RTAS plugs are not accounted for.
There are things that Drumagog does very well but when using ProTools as a host the two most basic requirements are not met. Triggering your own sample library and latency.
Given that the RTAS spec is problematic I am amazed at how good Aptrigga is.
Old 12th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by verystrange
I don't know how anybody can stand to use soundreplacer. Aptrigga is a hundred times better than it. Haven't you guys noticed that when you use soundreplacer none of the hits line up? Zoom in and you will see that nothing lines up... that wouldn't be a problem if it were consistant within the track... but one hit will be 4 samples off and the next hit will be 15 samples off. To me that isn't exactly soundreplaceing. It's randomly placing hits about where the original hit was.

Ben
I had that same problem until I learned how to properly use sound replacer. Then it became spot on. But nothing will beat tab to transient.
Old 13th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyclueless
I had that same problem until I learned how to properly use sound replacer. Then it became spot on. But nothing will beat tab to transient.

So, what is the magic formula for getting the SR hits to lineup correctly?

Bobby Peru
Milwaukee, WI
Old 14th July 2005
Gear Maniac

another vote for that AppTrigga thing.
easy as pie and works instantly. no messing around.

just like me.

pete
Old 9th October 2005
Mindreader

Aptrigga is a no brainer
It's so good I'm actually posting in the computers section again to vote for it
Needed to own it about one minute after using the demo
Big thumbs up
Bev
Old 9th October 2005
Lives for gear

Sound replacer alternative?

Yes - its called a competent tracking engineer. heh
Old 9th October 2005
Lives for gear

Drumagog
Old 11th October 2005
Gear Maniac

AP Trigga is great for the money, but I want to use Audio Suite. Do we think the TLlabs Drum Rehab is dead now. It said May 2005 release last time I looked? It can't take 5 months to iron out a few problems.
📝 Reply