The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NeoAccess Error in PT6.1. Anyone know what this is? DAW Software
Old 19th October 2004
  #1
Lives for gear
 
The MPCist's Avatar
 

NeoAccess Error in PT6.1. Anyone know what this is?

Just today PT started acting up.... Push record and record anything and when you stop, a window appears saying

"NeoAccess Error
Synchronizing fade files

Could not complete your request because = NeoAccess Error"

Anyone run into this and what is the problem?
Digi's site search turned up nothing.
Old 19th October 2004
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Stick's Avatar
 

Just got the same thing when trying to use AudioSuite Pitchshift... or any Audiosuite process... hmmmm.

Anyone?
Old 19th October 2004
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Stick's Avatar
 

So, do a search on the DUC for the past year, and you'll find a bunch of stuff on it.

The fix is to trash the Digi Databases on all the drives, then fix the drive permissions on the System drive using Apple's Disk Utility.

Worked great for me.
Old 21st October 2004
  #4
Lives for gear
 
The MPCist's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally posted by Stick
So, do a search on the DUC for the past year, and you'll find a bunch of stuff on it.

The fix is to trash the Digi Databases on all the drives, then fix the drive permissions on the System drive using Apple's Disk Utility.

Worked great for me.
Thanks Stick. I did exactly that and it is fixed!
Old 21st October 2004
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Stick's Avatar
 

It's no-thang.... peace.
Old 26th January 2005
  #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Stick
So, do a search on the DUC for the past year, and you'll find a bunch of stuff on it.

The fix is to trash the Digi Databases on all the drives, then fix the drive permissions on the System drive using Apple's Disk Utility.

Worked great for me.


Aww dudes....!!! I love gearslutz....

Just had this very same problem.... couldn't have happened at a worse time - u kno... middle of a tracking session... everyone chompin at the bit ready to go and all of a sudden ..... blah blah neoaccess error... can't save, can't record, mac locks up....
1 trip to gearslutz.com later and its all sorted again... thanks guys...
Old 27th January 2005
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Stick's Avatar
 

Awe yeeeeeeeeeah. Gear-slizzle is all 'bout da luv.
Old 30th January 2005
  #8
Gear Addict
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 

I know this is a really old thread but I need some help on this. I just started getting this problem on 6.0.2.

Quote:
The fix is to trash the Digi Databases on all the drives, then fix the drive permissions on the System drive using Apple's Disk Utility.
Can you explain exactly how to do this?

Thanks
Old 31st January 2005
  #9
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally posted by johnjm22
I know this is a really old thread but I need some help on this. I just started getting this problem on 6.0.2.

Can you explain exactly how to do this?

Thanks
There are directions here

Rail
Old 12th December 2008
  #10
Gear Head
 
rotproducciones's Avatar
 

hello

hey guys...any one can help me??
i just did every step to solve this "neoacces error" in pro tools but it didn't happened... so... anybody has another solution for this problem??
i im running pro tools in mac osx...
please... i would really really appreciate it...
thanks guys!
at least not in the very same session that i was working on when the error first occurred

Last edited by rotproducciones; 12th December 2008 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: missing clues...
Old 13th January 2009
  #11
Gear interested
 

Found this after running into the same problem today

In Mac OSX:

1) Double-click each of your hard drives/volumes on your system and drag each folder called "Digidesign Databases" to the trash. There will be one on the top level of each drive/volume.

2) Go to your MacIntosh Hard Drive (your system drive)\Library\Application Support\Digidesign\Databases and drag the "Volumes" folder to the trash.

3) Empty the trash and restart the computer.

The Database files will automatically be rebuilt the next time you use Pro Tools, eliminating any corruption of the files (which apparently what the Neo Access error is all about). So there you have it. I hope this saves someone else the frustration that I went through before I found out about this simple fix!



Hope this helps ...do a disk warrior too!
Old 21st February 2011
  #12
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackDog View Post
In Mac OSX:

1) Double-click each of your hard drives/volumes on your system and drag each folder called "Digidesign Databases" to the trash. There will be one on the top level of each drive/volume.

2) Go to your MacIntosh Hard Drive (your system drive)\Library\Application Support\Digidesign\Databases and drag the "Volumes" folder to the trash.

3) Empty the trash and restart the computer.

The Database files will automatically be rebuilt the next time you use Pro Tools, eliminating any corruption of the files (which apparently what the Neo Access error is all about). So there you have it. I hope this saves someone else the frustration that I went through before I found out about this simple fix!



Hope this helps ...do a disk warrior too!
Running PT6/OX10.2.3, this worked perfectly as a fix, thanks BlackDog. NeoAccess Error occurred when I was renaming files in folders. Everything works good now.
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
russ russell / Music Computers
4
chris777 / Music Computers
2
Renie / Music Computers
2
Michael Hammar / Music Computers
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump