The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Abbey Road Brilliance Pack
Old 30th June 2008
Lives for gear

To summerise this thread.

Brilliance pack sounds great and doesn't suffer from the nasty top end of a lot of digital eqs have.

Abbey road are aware of the four samples being a bug.

I'm buying it today as my demo ran out!

And i can piss a lot further than Slevin!
Old 30th June 2008
Lives for gear

Just downloaded the demo today, in one word: amazing! Just when I thought that the Massey EQ is all I ever need for 'organic'-type EQ this thing comes along and just KILLS!

ITB? 'I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time!'
Old 30th June 2008
Gear Maniac

I just Smaarted these plug-ins. check the results:
M.
Attached Thumbnails
Abbey Road Brilliance Pack-rack-x-box.jpg   Abbey Road Brilliance Pack-rs135-curves.jpg  
Old 30th June 2008
Gear Maniac

two more...
Attached Thumbnails
Abbey Road Brilliance Pack-rs127-rack-curves.jpg   Abbey Road Brilliance Pack-rs127-box-curves.jpg  
Old 30th June 2008
Lives for gear

I am using these in a full album mix I have just started, and have to say that I absolutely love them. For rock especially, they pull guitars/drums/vocals right to the front of the mix. Well worth the $199 in my opinion.
Old 1st July 2008
Ok Brilliance Pack or Waves JJP?..... sound..not price!
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
I don't have the JJP, but there are some things to consider. Obviously JJP comes with a compressor, which Brilliance does not. However, if you already have a UAD, then the difference is probably not significant enough to warrant the purchase unless you are running out of DSP with the UAD cards and want to smother your mixes with the Fairchild/Pultec. But, the sound of the Brilliance is better and more pleasing to me than just about any other quick EQ I have, so you can judge whether you are looking for a unique sound for your recordings (Brilliance) or lots of instances of tried and true (JJP). As a UAD owner, I don't see myself purchasing duplicates of what I already have. But to each their own.
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

IRs?

Quote:
Good question!

What's interesting to me is that there seems to be an odd similarity to the eqs between the Waves and AR bundles. Does anyone else feel the same way? It makes me wonder if both companies are using convolution techniques. I kinda assumed Waves has been doing this with their newer eqs, since they've made inroads into IRs with Q-Clone, etc. Anyone have any opinions?

-SD
Old 1st July 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Definitively the Brilliance Pack, JJP is cool but nothing to "must have" instead of the Brilliance Pack. Test both and you will hear it!thumbsup

regards
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
Definitively the Brilliance Pack, JJP is cool but nothing to "must have" instead of the Brilliance Pack. Test both and you will hear it!thumbsup

regards
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post

regards
I'd agree with this as well.
Old 1st July 2008
You guys sold me! I'll buy when they fix the sample issue.

Abbey Road please let us know when the next release is as I can't wait to add these plugs to my collection.
Old 1st July 2008
Wow! finally I got back from overseas and can test those Plug ins ! now I am intrigued by the Billiance pack!
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlove View Post

Abbey Road please let us know when the next release is as I can't wait to add these plugs to my collection.
Im getting perfect results in logic with the so called issue , obviously wasnt an issue for the beta testers lol...
Old 1st July 2008
Gear Head

Hi,

We've posted an update - version 1.0.3 - of the Brilliance Pack on our download page at Abbey Road Plug-Ins - Downloads

This update fixes the issue with the plug-ins incorrectly reporting their processing latency to some hosts as 4 samples, instead of the correct value of 3 samples.

This update has been applied to all formats - TDM, RTAS, AU and VST - of the Mac and Windows versions.

Best wishes,
Abbey Road Studios
Old 1st July 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey Road View Post
Hi,

We've posted an update - version 1.0.3 - of the Brilliance Pack on our download page at Abbey Road Plug-Ins - Downloads

This update fixes the issue with the plug-ins incorrectly reporting their processing latency to some hosts as 4 samples, instead of the correct value of 3 samples.

This update has been applied to all formats - TDM, RTAS, AU and VST - of the Mac and Windows versions.

Best wishes,
Abbey Road Studios
WOW that is FAST!!! how long is the Demo Period?
Old 1st July 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlove View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey Road View Post
Hi,

Best wishes,
Abbey Road Studios
NOW BUY IT!!!!!!! heh
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProducerBoy View Post
Tony's got the deal. Email him @ high profile. Or you can pay a little more to get 'em from sweetwater.
Tony gives no answer, and I can't find them nowhere over at Sweetwater.

Anyone actually bought from any of these two ?

G
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
I don't have the JJP, but there are some things to consider. Obviously JJP comes with a compressor, which Brilliance does not. However, if you already have a UAD, then the difference is probably not significant enough to warrant the purchase unless you are running out of DSP with the UAD cards and want to smother your mixes with the Fairchild/Pultec. But, the sound of the Brilliance is better and more pleasing to me than just about any other quick EQ I have, so you can judge whether you are looking for a unique sound for your recordings (Brilliance) or lots of instances of tried and true (JJP). As a UAD owner, I don't see myself purchasing duplicates of what I already have. But to each their own.
I haven't demo'ed the Abbey Road plugs yet, but I do have the UA. Couldn't the Neve 1073 give some of the same kind of presence? The one fellow mentioned a comparision of the PrecEQ and Pultec but not the Neve. Can anyone compare the two?
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think there are graphs in the Beatles book I have at home...
Did they mention these particular units that modeled in the brilliance pack? I read the RTB book a bit, and i just recall that the Fairchild was used to brighten vocals. However, the Fairchild recreation on the UAudio is not doing much brightening for me.
Old 1st July 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Tony gives no answer...
Hi Gemylon,

I've emailed everyone that has inquired about the bundle... Abbey Road has been slow to get me pricing on the Brilliance Pack. I have been waiting on them since June 20th.

I was told yesterday they are waiting on some details and that I will have the pricing shortly.

As soon as they get me the info, I will be emailing everyone who inquired.
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Hi Gemylon,

I've emailed everyone that has inquired about the bundle... Abbey Road has been slow to get me pricing on the Brilliance Pack. I have been waiting on them since June 20th.

I was told yesterday they are waiting on some details and that I will have the pricing shortly.

As soon as they get me the info, I will be emailing everyone who inquired.
Great news Tony.

Thanks for the info.

G
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

thanx tony
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

just checked out - PluginDiscounts.com

nice job - great idea - nice site

-m
Old 1st July 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gruv View Post

-m
Thanks Michael!

It's something I've been working on for a while. It's still under construction, but most of the more popular stuff is already up (Waves, URS, Soundtoys, Sonnox, etc).
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

You should add me to that list, Tony.
Old 1st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gruv View Post

-m
Hi Michael.

I agree with you on that regarding Tony's PluginDiscounts.com.
I like it too !

And (a bit off topic here) I could say the same about your 'project' (Save The Planet) as well.

My respect for what you guys are doing.

G
Old 2nd July 2008
Lives for gear

Damn, my demo expires at midnight and I don't think the song will be done yet that I'm trying to finish!

Might have to buy these pigs.

Still no word from them on your pricing Tony?

I'd love to get a great price on these but may have to bite the bullet and pay the full price to get them in time.

I really don't have any other plugs that do what these do.
Old 2nd July 2008
Lives for gear

Very simple to use and sounding great. Good job Abbey Road !
Old 2nd July 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football View Post
Damn, my demo expires at midnight and I don't think the song will be done yet that I'm trying to finish!

Might have to buy these pigs.

Still no word from them on your pricing Tony?

I'd love to get a great price on these but may have to bite the bullet and pay the full price to get them in time.

I really don't have any other plugs that do what these do.
Not today... hopefully they will have something in the morning for us. We'll be sending out an email to everyone who requested as soon as we have it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search