The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pyramix
Old 30th December 2002
urumita

Pyramix

I'm about to go and look for a demo. I've seen their sight and investigated but I don't seem to be able to discern anything valuable like: how does it work? I've noticed that people are using the baby ox as a controller but to me it seems redundant. Are there no other choices? My Ultimate goal is to do composing, recording/editing, deliver scores and parts, and also continue electronic and midi based music and finally sync to video and deliver flexibly generated scores for theater. I realizze that I will need several programs to achieve these goals. I'm looking for advice on a studio configuration. anyone who uses this system to do the same?
Attached Thumbnails
Pyramix-dsdresponseneon.gif  
Old 1st January 2003
Lives for gear

Composing etc, etc

If you are looking to do composing and deliver film scores etc and sync to picture you need Logic Audio, Cubase SX or maybe Nuendo. Pyramix is great, I own a system, but IMHO its totally unsuitable for the type of work you are doing. For instance no tempo map, and no built in Midi. In this day and age of virtual instruments and midi the aformentioned programmes are much more suitable.

All this being said, pyramix is a fantastic system, and for post to picture, mastering, mixing and live recording it has very few peers, but I suspect these are all areas that will be delt with by the audio engineers after you have delivered your score.

Good luck, and Happy New Year!

Roland
Old 2nd January 2003
Gear Maniac

leave cubase sx out for scoring, as it misses some things....have a look to cubase.net forums to know better. nuendo2 seems to be much better.

i have done the sx upgrade, but i still use vst for scoring.

ciao.
Old 2nd January 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by alfonso
leave cubase sx out for scoring, as it misses some things....have a look to cubase.net forums to know better. nuendo2 seems to be much better.

i have done the sx upgrade, but i still use vst for scoring.
I too am not Cubase minded, but I believe Hans Zimmer amongst others uses it. Just goes to show that all these tools are capable in the right hands!

Regards

Roland
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear