The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A&H Zed R16 Firewire Mixer Audio Interfaces
Old 19th August 2018
I don't fully understand the question but I think you're misunderstanding something. You would only use a Y cable on the inserts. You can route any of the channels out one of the aux channels so you can use those as busses for fx. But you would send the left channel to aux 1 or 3 and the right to 2 or 4, if you wanted stereo that is. Then return it to one of the stereo ins, all of which have separate input Jack's for left and right.
Old 19th August 2018
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustusarnone View Post
I don't fully understand the question but I think you're misunderstanding something. You would only use a Y cable on the inserts. You can route any of the channels out one of the aux channels so you can use those as busses for fx. But you would send the left channel to aux 1 or 3 and the right to 2 or 4, if you wanted stereo that is. Then return it to one of the stereo ins, all of which have separate input Jack's for left and right.
Yeah I'm getting a little confused sorry, usually all the boards I've had in the past have aux sends / returns and / or dedicated post fader stereo channels with aux / submix output groups.

So, I can of course connect the aux out to the L (left) side of let's say my eventide and return it back to channels 15 / 16 for example. We have an aux bus so cool..

Where it gets somewhat confusing is hooking up all three of my outboard units, I have a Lexicon PCM / Eventide and Drawmer 1973. I can of course use channels 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 as my dedicated stereo busses (any more and I wouldn't have enough mono's).

Then I need to somehow incorporate my stereo compressor unit for drum busses etc without being affected by verb levels.

Again in the block diagram https://www.allen-heath.com/media/AP...IDE_colour.pdf

Page 33: It shows the FX units being hooked up to the STR channel (Stereo) so could I plug my drawmer in there and then route let's say from aux 1-2 back to channels 15 /16?

Last edited by Deleted 6ccb844; 19th August 2018 at 05:07 PM..
Old 19th August 2018
The stereo jacks are inputs, while the 4 aux Jack's are outputs. You have 4 stereo channel inputs which can be routed to the main mix bus. So probably you would connect the outputs of your h/w units to the stereo inputs and from there into the main mix bus. The difference with those, is unlike, ch 1-16 they don't have their own integrated ad/da.

Do I understand, this correctly?... you want to create 3 separate busses, one for each h/w unit, and route them individually into the mix bus to be summed? Any channel can be routed to any of the 4 aux sends, but they just give you 2 stereo busses to send to outboard and then return through the stereo inputs. If you want a 3rd, assuming you're coming from a DAW through the Zed's DA, you could buy a pair of hot cables that turn the channel inserts into direct outs and use that as your 3rd output bus.

So, hypothetically... assuming all tracks are coming from your DAW..... you could send 4 stems out ch 1-8, don't send these to mix l/r, instead send 1,3,5,7 to aux 1 and 2,4,6,8 to aux 2 > route to hw unit > return on stereo input 1. You could send more stems to remaining ch and do the same with aux 3-4 and return to stereo input 2, and then reserve any ch 15-16 to use as a direct out, sum your stems in the box, go out the insert Jack's with the host connector to hw unit #3 and return on stereo input 3, although at that point you might as well just use it as a plain insert. Then you just make sure the stereo inputs are routed to mix l/r. Whichever channels you want to bus to hw you don't send to mix l/r. You'd probably have to do some hybrid mixing - part itb, part itb.

To sum up, you really only get 2 stereo sends (4 aux channels). So any other stereo outboard units have to be sent to as direct out or as insert.
Old 19th August 2018
Deleted 6ccb844
Quote:
The stereo jacks are inputs, while the 4 aux Jack's are outputs. You have 4 stereo channel inputs which can be routed to the main mix bus. So probably you would connect the outputs of your h/w units to the stereo inputs and from there into the main mix bus. The difference with those, is unlike, ch 1-16 they don't have their own integrated ad/da.

Do I understand, this correctly?... you want to create 3 separate busses, one for each h/w unit, and route them individually into the mix bus to be summed? Any channel can be routed to any of the 4 aux sends, but they just give you 2 stereo busses to send to outboard and then return through the stereo inputs. If you want a 3rd, assuming you're coming from a DAW through the Zed's DA, you could buy a pair of hot cables that turn the channel inserts into direct outs and use that as your 3rd output bus.

So, hypothetically... assuming all tracks are coming from your DAW..... you could send 4 stems out ch 1-8, don't send these to mix l/r, instead send 1,3,5,7 to aux 1 and 2,4,6,8 to aux 2 > route to hw unit > return on stereo input 1. You could send more stems to remaining ch and do the same with aux 3-4 and return to stereo input 2, and then reserve any ch 15-16 to use as a direct out, sum your stems in the box, go out the insert Jack's with the host connector to hw unit #3 and return on stereo input 3, although at that point you might as well just use it as a plain insert. Then you just make sure the stereo inputs are routed to mix l/r. Whichever channels you want to bus to hw you don't send to mix l/r. You'd probably have to do some hybrid mixing - part itb, part itb.

To sum up, you really only get 2 stereo sends (4 aux channels). So any other stereo outboard units have to be sent to as direct out or as insert.
It works OTB the same way as it does ITB.. So think about it like this, you record all your instruments in mono right? (or at least stereo via two mono inputs) You create a stereo aux buss and from your mono channel you send the mono signal to the stereo aux.

Same with a desk, I'll send aux 1 (mono) to the L or (mono) input of the reverb unit and then return (output) in stereo.

So for the reverb unit's I need 2 aux outs and 4 returns, when you have additional effects like stereo compressors for a master buss or drum buss you're using a stereo to stereo connection. The only time I'd need a stereo reverb input is if I was using it for mastering purposes which I don't..

So in essence I need 4 out / 6 in.

Six channels are too many, I'm pushing it with 16 channels as I'm going to have to overlap a little bit or EQ some bits ITB which is fine. Most boards have aux returns so this isn't an issue.

It appears according to that diagram I can use ST2+3 as an FX return, which is pretty much how my Soundcraft did things.. Before I spend 2K on this thing I just want to make sure I've got it right..

I do of course appreciate your help .. Thanks for taking the time.
Old 21st August 2018
Here for the gear

Is there anyone here who's using the ZED in ADAT mode, via Cubase?

I've spent the last few hours trying to configure Cubase (my primary driver is a Saffire 56) and I'm getting a real -you're missing something very simple and stupid- vibe.

Saffire and ZED are both at 48 kHz.
ADAT cables appear to be fully functional, as does the ZED.
ZED's in ADAT mode, and was set to slave during driver installation.
Running on Windows.

Little help?
Old 1st September 2018
Gear Head

Firewire Gone

Well.I had to replace the power pack on my zed R16 last year which cost £150 and now Ive been quoted £300 to get my firewire fixed as its a complete board.
Is it worth repairing or getting a new mixer.Ive had it since it came out.
I use it around 6/8 hours a day surely it should last longer than this.Not very happy A&H.
Old 1st September 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by localhero View Post
Well.I had to replace the power pack on my zed R16 last year which cost £150 and now Ive been quoted £300 to get my firewire fixed as its a complete board.
Is it worth repairing or getting a new mixer.Ive had it since it came out.
I use it around 6/8 hours a day surely it should last longer than this.Not very happy A&H.
Had mine since it came out... never had one problem with it (touch wood).
Old 2nd September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanasan View Post
Had mine since it came out... never had one problem with it (touch wood).
Touch wood :-)
Old 2nd September 2018
Lives for gear

I've had some caps go in the power supply, but after replacement with some more robust parts, no problems.
Old 3rd September 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPower View Post
I've had some caps go in the power supply, but after replacement with some more robust parts, no problems.
Thanks.Just my luck i think!
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Hey all, after years of drooling and getting annoyed with totalmix I finally grew some and bought an R16.
I have been using it with Pro Tools 12, MPC 2.0 and WDM audio with great results.
Saying that, I had a bit of a struggle finding a decent firewire card for Windows 10 as the older chipsets seem to not perform well with it (high DPC, drop outs).

I tried 4 different firewire pcie cards with my A&H R16 Mixer on Windows 10, the VIA VIA VT6306 and VIA VT6307 chipsets did not perform well. Neither did the TX XIO2200 but this one with the XIO2213BZAY chipset works perfectly.

Kalea Informatique Firewire 800 IEEE1394b and 400 IEEE1394 a PCI Low Profile 1 Port PCI Express (PCI-E) Controller Card - 2 + 1 Outputs - Chipset TI Texas Instruments: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I spent many hours testing and typically it was the last card I bought and tested that works the best.

I can highly recommend this card with the updated TI chipset.

Does anyone have any other recommendations, I am running 256, any lower results in clicks and pops. It's nor big deal as I don't run virtual instruments but would be nice to get maximum performance.
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobule View Post
Hey all, after years of drooling and getting annoyed with totalmix I finally grew some and bought an R16.
I have been using it with Pro Tools 12, MPC 2.0 and WDM audio with great results.
Saying that, I had a bit of a struggle finding a decent firewire card for Windows 10 as the older chipsets seem to not perform well with it (high DPC, drop outs).

I tried 4 different firewire pcie cards with my A&H R16 Mixer on Windows 10, the VIA VIA VT6306 and VIA VT6307 chipsets did not perform well. Neither did the TX XIO2200 but this one with the XIO2213BZAY chipset works perfectly.

Kalea Informatique Firewire 800 IEEE1394b and 400 IEEE1394 a PCI Low Profile 1 Port PCI Express (PCI-E) Controller Card - 2 + 1 Outputs - Chipset TI Texas Instruments: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I spent many hours testing and typically it was the last card I bought and tested that works the best.

Does anyone have any other recommendations, I am running 256, any lower results in clicks and pops. It's nor big deal as I don't run virtual instruments but would be nice to get maximum performance.
Have you installed the legacy firewire drivers? An absolute must. This makes a great majority of chipset work flawlessly, and TI chips 10x better and more stable under heavy loads.

Also, there is a very cool tool that Yamaha/Steinberg released with theirs (astonishingly good sounding) MR816 interface that let you modify the firewire buffer.
I am 99% sure this is driver independent, I believe it only modifies so registry entries for the firewire bus. Its the YSFWUtility - give it a try

MR816: Resolving audio performance issues – Steinberg Support
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear
I almost sold my ZED R16 but sooo glad I didn't! That being said, like a few other people I have been scratching my noggin on how to set up an effects loop to get mono and stereo reverb on my channels. For instance, on channel 1&2 I have a synth patched in which I would like to add stereo reverb and on channels 3,4,5,6 have individual drum sounds patched in, which I would like to add a little bit of verb to each sound. I am attempting to use a Strymon Big Sky as the reverb unit. Could someone please enlighten me on how to best hook it up? I was hoping to use auxs 1&2 to use the shelving eq on the return verb to shape it a bit but since their pre auxs I guess I should should use the post auxs 3&4-which have no eqs. Like I said, I'm confused. Just looking for a best practice hookup for the Big Sky reverb so I can use it in stereo and mono when desired. I know the Big Sky is primarily a guitar pedal but I just thought maybe I could use it as a general reverb unit with my Zed. Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can offer a suggestion or two.
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobule View Post

Have you tried this card?

Amazon.com: SIIG FireWire 2-Port PCIe (NN-E20012-S2): Electronics

Been using it for years with zero problems. If you read the reviews on Amazon (the first few you'll see) users are using it with Win 7 and 10 with no problems.

For dual duties I have this one too, which again has been rock-solid in performance:

Amazon.com: Tango Express 800 -Firewire 800/USB 2.0 Combo PCI Express Card - Includes 3 FireWire Ports and 2 USB Ports: Electronics

Last edited by TRSC; 1st October 2018 at 03:06 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drutort View Post
I went and ordered all the caps needed to replace on the ZED R16 PSU.

Here are the digi-key and MFG part numbers. Note that I went extreme on the voltage vs the original, this is also due to the sizes! it was difficult in some area's but I managed to get them all soldered back on. All with well known brands!

pics below are of it now! so you can see before and after! (check previous thread for original China caps) also i'm attaching excel with updated part numbers!

I first did a power test, plugged it in, everything seemed fine, put the cover on, and connected headphones and mic, all the lights are back and bright! then went and connected it to the PC, the PC recognized the ZED! everything is working again!

So in my case it was the PSU, and my firewire board was fine

Code:
Original					Replaced with below			
QTY	 uF	Voltage	Company		uF	Voltage	Digi-Key #	MFG #
5	470	25	Samxon		470	50	P15378CT-ND	EEU-FR1H471B
1	330	10	Jamicon		330	50	493-6975-ND	UHW1H331MPD
2	120	63	Samxon		120	63	P15404-ND	EEU-FR1J121
2	100	25	Suscon		100	50	P14454-ND	EEU-FR1H101
2	68	400	Aishi		68	400	493-5879-ND	UCS2G680MHD
2	47	63	Jamicon		47	100	P10773-ND	EEU-FC2A47
1	47	50	Jamicon		47	100	P10773-ND	EEU-FC2A47
1	10	50	Suscon		10	100	493-11505-1-ND	UPW2A100MED1TD
1	1	63	Aisi		1	100	493-11368-1-ND	UPW2A010MDD1TD
I uploaded the PCB back, I did not like the solder whatever the Chinese used, it required pretty high temp to desolder them and also it was quite brittle. Some of the traces came undone at the holes, so I ended up taking some of the leads from the capacitors that I trimmed and reinforced the traces from a different component, as can be seen.
Thanks for sharing all this information. I have the same problem with mine, I just ordered the same parts (all caps), hope that will be only it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Does anyone happen to know what value the master fader potentiometers are? Mine took a knock and need to be replaced. I'd rather grab replacements from Mouser than pay the hefty markup that 'official' replacements generally add...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Hey

How have you guys got around the lack of true send & return channels for outboard effects on this thing?
Old 2 weeks ago
There are true send and return, what do you mean? You have 4 mono aux send outputs and 4 stereo returns.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
There are true send and return, what do you mean? You have 4 mono aux send outputs and 4 stereo returns.
Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer (my terminology isnt great either so bare with me).

I currently dont use a mixer. I send all my synths directly into a pair of RME Firefaces.

But I'd like to now use a mixer to balance out my sound + be capable of sending it into Ableton on a per channel basis.

I'd also like to add an outboard saturation unit or reverb, hence my question. I'd read somewhere - perhaps incorrectly - that sends (of the dry signal I guess) and returns (of the wet, affected signal) were tricky on this desk

Can anyone suggest how I could set it up so that say a bunch of synths going into the mono inputs can be affected by an outboard unit, the signal come back in then be re-routed onto my DAW? Can the Zed do this?
Old 2 weeks ago
Yes it can. Works just like any other mixer. Route as many input channels as you want out of either pair of aux outs and into fx. Route back in to any one of 4 stereo input channels, and send that to l/r mix bus. Voila.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes it can. Works just like any other mixer. Route as many input channels as you want out of either pair of aux outs and into fx. Route back in to any one of 4 stereo input channels, and send that to l/r mix bus. Voila.
Lovely

Do you know if instruments coming in on an attached ADAT box will also be affected by the send or not?

thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Adat is either/or. There's a switch for Adat mode. In that mode your adat inputs go to ch 1-16 when you engage dig return button on those channels. Not in adat mode dig returns come from firewire interface. In adat mode though you lose the ability to send master bus to DAW. So in that case you should use the rme to be the computer soundcard.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Hi all
Finally got myself a Zed R16. All pretty logical so far

Couple of things i'm struggling to get my head around

1) I've got one too many keyboards for the desk, so tried sticking it into one of the stereo inputs. Signal comes thru ok (if a little quiet). I'd then like to record it in Ableton. However... none of the inputs show a signal coming thru when I play. I know its on the main mix bus but how do I capture it in my DAW?

2) To get round this issue, I connected a Focusite Octopre 2 ADAT box and put the keyboard into that. I connected the box via light pipe to the back of the Zed. Now when I look for an input signal in Ableton, there's nothing on channels 19-26 at all. Have I connected it correctly, with just the lightpipe going between them an nothing else?

3) Should the octopre's clock be set to internal?

4) I need to send a constant audio signal from Ableton in order to provide my ERM Multiclock box tempo info. So, I put a cable between the Zed Stereo Out 1 (L) and the Multiclock. However, again, what output channel should I be using in Ableton to send the audio to Stereo Out 1(L) *exclusively*

Hopefully the above makes sense!

thanks
Old 1 week ago
I'll try to help. Do you have it set to Adat mode? So, the main mix bus will show up on ch 17-18 but only if it's firewire mode, not adat mode. That would explain why ch 19-26 are not working too. In Adat mode light pipe goes into ch 1-16.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I'll try to help. Do you have it set to Adat mode? So, the main mix bus will show up on ch 17-18 but only if it's firewire mode, not adat mode. That would explain why ch 19-26 are not working too. In Adat mode light pipe goes into ch 1-16.
Hey - thanks for replying

I have it set to Firewire mode because I want to desk to operate with synths going into it, that signal being sent into Ableton, then being returned to the desk for summing etc.

I was under the impression that if I hit the ADAT switch the desk would do something completely different, instead of adding the box to the number of available ins and outs in Ableton? am I wrong?

The lightpipe itself is connected to the 'ADAT In 1-8' connector on the Zed? Does that sound about right?

Thanks again
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

1) The stereo inputs only get routed to the master digital interface, so you can record them in your sum but that is it. 1-16 are the only busses you can record in your DAW over FW.

2-3) This is what I do as well. Make sure your clock sync settings are correct. Do you see sync on your Octopre? You want clock on your ZED to be set to internal and your Octopre to be slaved to it at the right sample rate. It should show that it's Synced.

4) Which "stereo outs" are you referring to? The studio outs? Those do not have a FW interface either. In any case, you need to use one of the 1-16 FW channels or one of your ADAT channels to output the signal to your multiclock. And yes, you want to keep the switch on Firewire mode. I recommend to study page 25 of the manual. It's really helpful on this subject: http://www.allen-heath.com/media/AP7236_iss_2.pdf

Also, bear in mind that (AFAIK) the Master input/output (DAW channel 17/18) A/D converter is very much inferior to the channel busses. Many people have suggested that the Master channel it's not worth using for recording in or bouncing out to print. In other words, the Master buss is fine for monitoring your DAW, but if you want an analog print, don't print out from it. Print out from via another interface or the ZED channels. And also, do not record a 2 buss sum into your DAW via the Master. If I want to record the analog 2 buss sum into your DAW (i.e. direct from the analog channels), I have another interface that I record the Master out into. Or you could use two channels from your ADAT if you want to record the 2 buss back into your DAW. There's more info on this topic earlier in this thread and elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymoth View Post
Hi all
Finally got myself a Zed R16. All pretty logical so far

Couple of things i'm struggling to get my head around

1) I've got one too many keyboards for the desk, so tried sticking it into one of the stereo inputs. Signal comes thru ok (if a little quiet). I'd then like to record it in Ableton. However... none of the inputs show a signal coming thru when I play. I know its on the main mix bus but how do I capture it in my DAW?

2) To get round this issue, I connected a Focusite Octopre 2 ADAT box and put the keyboard into that. I connected the box via light pipe to the back of the Zed. Now when I look for an input signal in Ableton, there's nothing on channels 19-26 at all. Have I connected it correctly, with just the lightpipe going between them an nothing else?

3) Should the octopre's clock be set to internal?

4) I need to send a constant audio signal from Ableton in order to provide my ERM Multiclock box tempo info. So, I put a cable between the Zed Stereo Out 1 (L) and the Multiclock. However, again, what output channel should I be using in Ableton to send the audio to Stereo Out 1(L) *exclusively*

Hopefully the above makes sense!

thanks
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktslt View Post
1) The stereo inputs only get routed to the master digital interface, so you can record them in your sum but that is it. 1-16 are the only busses you can record in your DAW over FW.

2-3) This is what I do as well. Make sure your clock sync settings are correct. Do you see sync on your Octopre? You want clock on your ZED to be set to internal and your Octopre to be slaved to it at the right sample rate. It should show that it's Synced.

4) Which "stereo outs" are you referring to? The studio outs? Those do not have a FW interface either. In any case, you need to use one of the 1-16 FW channels or one of your ADAT channels to output the signal to your multiclock. And yes, you want to keep the switch on Firewire mode. I recommend to study page 25 of the manual. It's really helpful on this subject: http://www.allen-heath.com/media/AP7236_iss_2.pdf

Also, bear in mind that (AFAIK) the Master input/output (DAW channel 17/18) A/D converter is very much inferior to the channel busses. Many people have suggested that the Master channel it's not worth using for recording in or bouncing out to print. In other words, the Master buss is fine for monitoring your DAW, but if you want an analog print, don't print out from it. Print out from via another interface or the ZED channels. And also, do not record a 2 buss sum into your DAW via the Master. If I want to record the analog 2 buss sum into your DAW (i.e. direct from the analog channels), I have another interface that I record the Master out into. Or you could use two channels from your ADAT if you want to record the 2 buss back into your DAW. There's more info on this topic earlier in this thread and elsewhere.
This is super useful - thank you

In terms of the ADAT box, I've got it set to Internal sync at 48khz. The Zed control panel says the same (see attached)

Which ADAT port are you using on the Zed tho? I've got the lightpipe connected to 'ADAT IN 1-8'. On the Octopre its connected to the leftmost ADAT input (there are 2)

I get what you're saying about the outputs on the Zed being limited to 16, so thats why I put a cable from an output on the ADAT to the multiclock. This should work in theory but the fundamental connectivity issue Im having - getting the Zed to see the ADAT - needs to be resolved first. I'll keep trying

Cheers for the advice about the master bus - will use the ADAT!

Again, thanks
Attached Thumbnails
A&H Zed R16 Firewire Mixer-img_8097.jpg   A&H Zed R16 Firewire Mixer-img_8096.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

ADAT needs to have one master and the rest as slaves. Internal clock = master, so leave that as is on your ZED. Set the other one to sync externally. The rest, ins/outs, is self explanatory. Sometimes it's a bit fiddly between devices, i.e. you need to restart them or unplug-plug or toggle the sample rate back and forth. But once it's up, it works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymoth View Post
This is super useful - thank you

In terms of the ADAT box, I've got it set to Internal sync at 48khz. The Zed control panel says the same (see attached)

Which ADAT port are you using on the Zed tho? I've got the lightpipe connected to 'ADAT IN 1-8'. On the Octopre its connected to the leftmost ADAT input (there are 2)

I get what you're saying about the outputs on the Zed being limited to 16, so thats why I put a cable from an output on the ADAT to the multiclock. This should work in theory but the fundamental connectivity issue Im having - getting the Zed to see the ADAT - needs to be resolved first. I'll keep trying

Cheers for the advice about the master bus - will use the ADAT!

Again, thanks
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

You can also try the reverse if you don't have luck - i.e. set your Octopre to Internal and the ZED to ADAT. That just might yield strange results, depending on how you have your DAW interface configured.

Quote:
ADAT needs to have one master and the rest as slaves. Internal clock = master, so leave that as is on your ZED. Set the other one to sync externally. The rest, ins/outs, is self explanatory. Sometimes it's a bit fiddly between devices, i.e. you need to restart them or unplug-plug or toggle the sample rate back and forth. But once it's up, it works well.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks

Got it working - set the Octopre to Master and the Zed to Sync Source = ADAT. Seems counter intuitive but there you go

So I've got a synth input coming thru on channels 21/22 in Ableton which is great

Couple of open questions tho...

-- I'm still trying to get a signal from Ableton out of an *ADAT* output to this damn ERM midi box. I've selected 'Ext Out' in Ableton and gone thru all the output channels shown (17 thru to 26) but no dice. I'm assuming lightpipe is bidirectional so surely one cable should serve both inputs (which work) and outputs (which dont)?

-- the master in Ableton is set to 1/2 which corresponds to 1/2 on the desk and I can hear my mix. Fine. But I'd prefer it to go to the Master on 17/18 (for now). When I choose 17/18 I cant hear anything. Any idea what might be precluding it from coming thru?

Appreciate the help - just need to get over these initial bumps... then read the whole damn thread when I've got time!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search