The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Metric Halo
Old 7th June 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED78 View Post
Does anyone think the mio eliminates need to have external summer, or can better separation be got OTB?
I'm going to try to figure that out this summer, summing through my Raindirk Series III. I expect it'll be more of a character option, but who knows.
Old 22nd June 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by planck View Post
reposting wav files.

I will not say what i think, to avoid bias.
For my tastes I like the second mix more than the first one. More defined in the low end, a little bit more punch and the vocals are clearer up front.
Old 27th June 2015
Gear Head
I just want to chime in that because of this long running thread, I have just become the proud new owner of a UNL2 2D expanded and it sounds absolutely stellar! I'm experiencing some learning curves, but it is safe to say I'll stick with MH for the long term with all that it offers-superb sound quality, maximum flexibility and routing for a two-channel unit, the Mio console, the fantastic plugins, the "future proofness", and of course, the legendary customer support!
Old 2nd July 2015
Gear Maniac

any news on the 3d box/upgrade?
Old 2nd July 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rici View Post
any news on the 3d box/upgrade?
No. Smells like teen spirit.
Old 27th July 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Metric halo or the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaley View Post
I just want to chime in that because of this long running thread, I have just become the proud new owner of a UNL2 2D expanded and it sounds absolutely stellar! I'm experiencing some learning curves, but it is safe to say I'll stick with MH for the long term with all that it offers-superb sound quality, maximum flexibility and routing for a two-channel unit, the Mio console, the fantastic plugins, the "future proofness", and of course, the legendary customer support!
Hi i am looking for some advice . i have read most of the post regarding some of the new audio interfaces . i have been using rme product for the last 10 years fire face now baby face,but now would like to move up to better converters and pre .So the products i am looking at are the new apogee ensemble,Zen audio, or the Uln-2 or Lio-8 .is the Lio-8 a big step up in terms of press and converters and how does it stack up to the competition ?

Last edited by morgs500; 27th July 2015 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 28th July 2015
Gear Addict

I leave other to argue about Step up ! But I will say you not be disappointed and things are very subject ! and Ive not used the other for years like my MH!

But what I will say the thing about MH is there like old Mac's they just work ! and let you get on make music !!!!

I can't think ot any higher complement !!!!

The new stuff mite have flash interfaces and high channel count ! BUT firewire works and is rock solid !!!!!!!
Old 31st July 2015 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by emearg_s View Post
I leave other to argue about Step up ! But I will say you not be disappointed and things are very subject ! and Ive not used the other for years like my MH!

But what I will say the thing about MH is there like old Mac's they just work ! and let you get on make music !!!!

I can't think ot any higher complement !!!!

The new stuff mite have flash interfaces and high channel count ! BUT firewire works and is rock solid !!!!!!!
Hi Emearg thank for info .Sound all good so MH is what my gut feeling tell me to buy.But was just interested in how the competion stack up with the newer technology and converters don't have a chance to listen to a whole bunch of interfaces so i would like to know from guys that are using both MH and the rest.
Old 31st July 2015 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgs500 View Post
Hi Emearg thank for info .Sound all good so MH is what my gut feeling tell me to buy.But was just interested in how the competion stack up with the newer technology and converters don't have a chance to listen to a whole bunch of interfaces so i would like to know from guys that are using both MH and the rest.
I think if you go for the ULN-8 or LIO-8, you can't go wrong with the converters and preamps. The rest is just infrastructure. Also, I haven't found any other interfaces that have anything quite like the Console mixer, in terms of having a full featured digital 80 bit mixing console with the flexibility, DSP options, and sound quality of the Metric Halo boxes. That may or may not be important to you, but it works very well.
Old 21st August 2015 | Show parent
Gear Addict
Another Noob here with a used ULN2 in the mail (no dsp) as an introduction to the MH world. I have my sights set on v3 when it comes out so I`m signing on here. I have a Mytek and an NPNG and TD-1 into PT 8.5 (mbox 2 pro) and want to get the hell out out of the Avid world. I need portability for the road so this seemed like the right move. Thanks to all for sharing
Old 13th September 2015
Gear Head

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of upgrading from a Duet 1 to a ULN-2. I'm debating whether or not to get a unit with the Jensen mod or not. I have a Great River ME-1NV mic pre that I usually use on vocals. Would the Jensen pre offer a nice alternative color to use instead of the ME1-NV when it's needed, or would the Jensen color be similar to the ME-1NV?
Old 20th September 2015
Gear Addict

Snap illold !!!! UNL2 + great river !!!!! I got the normal one no DSP too !!! and am wait for V3 so i can get mine fixed !!!!

Word off good advice Don't hot plug firewire ! as this with doggy (cheep chinnese firewire card) killed my UNL2 !!! its very rare that it happens but its just better not to risk it !!!

But Its the best interface I ever used it not flash ! it just work never crashed or hicked it was just fab !!!!!!
Old 25th September 2015 | Show parent
Gear Head

I just saw an announcement that MH is going to be at IMSTA in NYC, Sept 26, 2015.

Do you think they might use this opportunity to roll out the 3D card???
Old 3rd October 2015 | Show parent
lxm
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempesax View Post
I just saw an announcement that MH is going to be at IMSTA in NYC, Sept 26, 2015.

Do you think they might use this opportunity to roll out the 3D card???
I have been waiting for 4 months to get my ULN8 repaired. Hopefully they roll that out. Not impressed!
📝 Reply