The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Massey VST? Audio Interfaces
Old 8th May 2008
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Hope209's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Massey VST?

Are the massey plugins being ported over to VST any time soon?
Old 8th May 2008
  #2
Lives for gear
 

I don't think they are, but I can be wrong. As far as I know, Steven Massey online tried to make AU-versions once, resulting in Tapehead Medium. I guess a lot of people would like to see VST versions though... But I hope he finishes the AU's before that heh
Old 8th May 2008
  #3
Gear nut
 
Diskordia's Avatar
 

unlikely. maybe someone should make a RTAS to VST wrapper. that'd be profitable heh
Old 8th May 2008
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Yeah or an RTAS to AU wrapper
Old 9th May 2008
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Matti's Avatar
Digidesign will not let that happen

Matti
Old 17th May 2010
  #6
Lives for gear
 
skiltrip's Avatar
Thought I'd bring this back from the grave, beat the dead horse, and let these words fall on deaf ears.

I recently left Pro Tools, but I miss my Massey CT4, TapeHead, and Tape Delay. Me needs VST or AU. don't care which.

OOh.. just saw that post above about TapeHead Medium. Just installed it, works great! I didn't know that even existed!
Old 17th May 2010
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Pale Pyramid's Avatar
+1 to that . Just moved over to Studio 1 after 6 years as a Pro Tools user. The ONLY thing i miss , AIR virtual instruments (which i still am jumping back and forth to use) , The Grabber/Select tool , MASSEY plugins . They are all so good especially Tape , the comp and the limiter.
Old 17th May 2010
  #8
Lives for gear
 
skiltrip's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid View Post
+1 to that . Just moved over to Studio 1 after 6 years as a Pro Tools user. The ONLY thing i miss , AIR virtual instruments (which i still am jumping back and forth to use) , The Grabber/Select tool , MASSEY plugins . They are all so good especially Tape , the comp and the limiter.
If you're on Mac, the AU version of TapeHead works great. Not as pretty (plain interface with sliders instead of knobs), but the end result is the same.
Unfortunately, although my laptop is a Mac, my more powerful studio computer is a PC, so no AU TapeHead for me on the PC.

and btw, Studio One stole me from Pro Tools as well. The other day, I did fire up Pro Tools just to make sure I wasn't unjustly ditching it. And although I miss the interface, especially PT8, it is rather handsome, I didn't miss the workflow, and various weirdness and instability (on both my PC AND MacBook Pro). The minute I fired up Studio One and starting working, I was comfortable again.
Old 18th May 2010
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Pale Pyramid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
If you're on Mac, the AU version of TapeHead works great. Not as pretty (plain interface with sliders instead of knobs), but the end result is the same.
Unfortunately, although my laptop is a Mac, my more powerful studio computer is a PC, so no AU TapeHead for me on the PC.

and btw, Studio One stole me from Pro Tools as well. The other day, I did fire up Pro Tools just to make sure I wasn't unjustly ditching it. And although I miss the interface, especially PT8, it is rather handsome, I didn't miss the workflow, and various weirdness and instability (on both my PC AND MacBook Pro). The minute I fired up Studio One and starting working, I was comfortable again.
Thanks . I just started using Studio 1 and have a Mac as well. Very cool DAW. I have a good feeling about Studio 1 and it's future . Presonus has a real positive and friendly presence at their forum. Night and day difference from Avid.

I agree with you 100% about PT 8 . The color scheme and layout are very pleasing and unique. The faders and pan pots look really cool in version 8 and i love the tri-color green - yellow - red signal level . I jumped from PT 7 to 8 . PT made a huge leap forward with 8. Delay compensation is standard on all other DAW's and it is just to much of a work around for me though . I'm still going back and using the AIR virtual instruments though . I love Structure , Transfuser and Velvet . The B3 is pretty cool. I wish AIR could be bought separate of PT.

I will most definitely be getting The AU tape plug from Massey . Thanks for the heads up !
Old 18th May 2010
  #10
Lives for gear
 
skiltrip's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Pyramid View Post
Thanks . I just started using Studio 1 and have a Mac as well. Very cool DAW. I have a good feeling about Studio 1 and it's future . Presonus has a real positive and friendly presence at their forum. Night and day difference from Avid.

I agree with you 100% about PT 8 . The color scheme and layout are very pleasing and unique. The faders and pan pots look really cool in version 8 and i love the tri-color green - yellow - red signal level . I jumped from PT 7 to 8 . PT made a huge leap forward with 8. Delay compensation is standard on all other DAW's and it is just to much of a work around for me though . I'm still going back and using the AIR virtual instruments though . I love Structure , Transfuser and Velvet . The B3 is pretty cool. I wish AIR could be bought separate of PT.

I will most definitely be getting The AU tape plug from Massey . Thanks for the heads up !
I'm with ya on the AIR VIs. I am missing the DB33 and even the Mini Grand (though the new Grand Piano samples that came with the S1 1.5 update are pretty awesome).

I run two computers, one PC and the Mac. I might end up getting a 2nd interface so I can play the VIs on the PC, and record them into the Mac. Or vice versa.
Old 17th September 2010
  #11
Gear maniac
 

If you would have grabbed the Firestudio Mobile and upgraded to S1 pro that could have been a good route but at this point Id consider grabbing some good VI alternatives to the Air Instruments like Scarbee, GSI or DSF for Rhodes and Organs, etc.-either should sound at least as good but most likely better than digidesigns stuff...for structure you could just skip that and use presence or impact built in...I have the opposite issue-too many interfaces but what I could really use/would gladly trade for is the S1 Pro upgrade mainly for the ability to use 3rd party VSTs and 64 bit in the future...for right now I use two computers/interfaces and record out one into the other.

I had an Mbox and an 001...the former failed in the first 6 months of me using it unexpectedly and they wanted to charge $1 a minute and repair charges to repair it....never again with that company...NEVER...I dont care if pro tools looks less ugly than it use to-they treat their customers poorly bc they thought they could get away with it back in the day...now the tables have turned quite alot and Studio One is going to be the future of Daw on the PC and for some MAC users-especially for audio...

and Presonus hardware has always shat on digidesigns hardware for the price and destroys it in 2010 with the FS Mobile, etc. Of course Logic and Live are great for composing and Echo, RME etc are some great alternatives in the interface arena.
Old 5th June 2012
  #12
Would love to try the Massey plugs... I'm a Nuendo user on windows 7 platform
Old 21st January 2015
  #13
Gear Maniac
 
Andy Gone's Avatar
Did I get it right that Massey removed even VST plugins they already did?
Old 21st January 2015
  #14
Gear Addict
 

i couldn't find them anymore
Old 21st January 2015
  #15
Gear Addict
 
rotundness's Avatar
 

So much for the vst 64bit versions then huh?
Great, another set of plugins that I'll never be able to use again.
At least they were on the cheap side.

Software is starting to get on my nerves.
Old 21st January 2015
  #16
Lives for gear
Wow.. they did remove the 64bit VSTs.

Only a few of them where ported anyway, not all of them. I'm sure someone somewhere has held on to the installers... just not sure if it's okay for them to share them. (Probably not).

I'm just glad I didn't end up relying on them when I tried a few of the VSTs. Tapehead did sound really good though but... there's just too many great sounding VSTs to feel like you missed out.
Old 21st January 2015
  #17
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gone View Post
Did I get it right that Massey removed even VST plugins they already did?


HOLY F'n SH!T!! just checked website.

I can't believe it, no more vst's even!!

WOW, luckily I bought the Compressor months ago, so I at least have the VST version of CT5!!

I really am holding back on swearing at Massey... I've been waiting for that Limiter...


Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
I'm sure someone somewhere has held on to the installers... just not sure if it's okay for them to share them. (Probably not).
YEP.. I got the installers

I am pm'ng you cphoenix
Old 22nd January 2015
  #18
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by penumbra View Post

YEP.. I got the installers

I am pm'ng you cphoenix
Oh thanks but honestly I'm not interested lol. I've finally gotten past my plugin hoarder ways . I've got my toolbox locked in stone for a while.
Old 22nd January 2015
  #19
Gear maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix View Post
Oh thanks but honestly I'm not interested lol. I've finally gotten past my plugin hoarder ways . I've got my toolbox locked in stone for a while.
i understand...but, I wasn't going to give them to you or anything like that... thats Massey's business not mine... if he wanted to provide them, then he'd have continued offering them.
Old 9th February 2015
  #20
Gear Nut
Old 12th February 2015
  #21
Gear Maniac
 
Andy Gone's Avatar
I would buy L2007 if it was VST :(
Old 12th February 2015
  #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gone View Post
I would buy L2007 if it was VST :(
+1
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Agli / Music Computers
26
buschfsu / Music Computers
164
Julien / Rap + Hip Hop engineering and production
6
murergobben / Music Computers
6
juicylime / So much gear, so little time
3

Forum Jump
Forum Jump