The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
audio data recovery needed...where to go?
Old 3rd December 2002
audio data recovery needed...where to go?

An engineer inadvertently deleted audio files from a Pro Tools 5.1.1 TDM session.
Can anyone recommend a data recovery service that specializes in situations like this?
Is there a software program that can restore deleted data without having a directory?
This is a Mac environment.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 3rd December 2002
Old 3rd December 2002
If you havent already try not to do ANYTHING on that computer.. dont run Norton - it can make shit worse.... Do nothing till you get exprt advice.. (I'm very SERIOUS)

data recovery is way expencive.

good luck

Old 3rd December 2002
Lives for gear

Jules speaks words of wisdom. If your artist/session is impatient, dump your session to a NEW drive, work from there, and then if you have to, you can always revert back to the drive that was erased (which may take a long time)....
Old 21st December 2002
Gawaine
i used a program called "easy recovery" professional edition on a supposedly "dead" hard drive... worked wonders... i recovered everything from it... it's somewhat expensive though... but that's why they created bearshare, right??
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear