The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
apogee duet
Old 31st January 2008
Lives for gear

apogee duet

bought it not really great IMO
Old 31st January 2008
Gear interested

Hi, I have one and I love it - sounds very transparent and open. Works great with Logic Studio. I'm no expert - I've only used an old Mbox before but compared to that it's a no brainer. I did a bunch of research before taking the plunge - it seems to be highly respected.
Good Luck.
Old 31st January 2008
Gear Head

I love mine as well.
Old 31st January 2008
Gear nut

Just recently bought one and I'm producing my first song right now with it. It's a BIG step up from my old M-Audio FW410.
Old 31st January 2008
Gear maniac

I just used one the other day for the first time, and I gotta say I'm really impressed with the sound. As said before, really transparent and open. I could see making an album with one......
Old 31st January 2008
Lives for gear

You can't do better without spending a bunch more money. And it's easy to use as well.
Old 1st February 2008
I love mine! I used a rosetta for several years and would have a very hard time telling the difference between the two.

Jeremy
Old 1st February 2008
Lives for gear

i love it but there is a driver issue that pops up now and again. sometimes i just get a loud burst of distortion coming through the speakers, i never got this from my MOTU and i still don't. the MOTU drivers are rock solid
Old 2nd February 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleodgrant View Post
i love it but there is a driver issue that pops up now and again. sometimes i just get a loud burst of distortion coming through the speakers, i never got this from my MOTU and i still don't. the MOTU drivers are rock solid
is it directly connected via firewire or through another device? when I connect through the external HD, I get some problems after many hours.
Old 2nd February 2008
Lives for gear

Love mine. Never had the problem described above, even after 12 hours of use.
Old 3rd February 2008
Lives for gear

FWIW, I owned 4 MOTU interfaces, including an 828 MK2. All of them had serious problems at one time or another, be it hardware or driver issues......So far, the Duet has been as flawless as can be.
Old 3rd February 2008
Lives for gear

More Duet love over here.. I've had an Ensemble and the conversion and mic pres sound identical to me. Since I work mainly ITB and only ever record one or two inputs at a time it fits my needs perfectly.

I've also never experienced a driver (or any other) issue with mine.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search