The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ProFire 2626
Old 28th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
2x 2626 here, I use those boxes with win10 and ubuntu. I'll upgrade someday, but there's no urgent need to. They have been good and stable interfaces!
Which drivers work for you in Win10 ?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_i View Post
Yup! I used to plug in my Daking Mic Pre IVstraight into the back of the PF. That’s one of the great features about it. Wish more brands did that.
At the back there are two types of inputs, XLR-s and inside them are these regular 1/4 instrument inputs, so the only way is to use 1/4 inputs right? If connecting using XLR cable it goes through preamp stage?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Im using under Windows10 Texas Instruments FireWire card, and for FireWire drivers i use Legacy drivers (you have to see the word "(Legacy)" behind you FireWire device name under device manager.
Here they speak a little more about it: https://www.studio1productions.com/A...Firewire-1.htm
but simply just download windows8 legacy driver(https://download.microsoft.com/downl...gacyDriver.msi)
install aka unpack it,
then open device manager, go to your FW card, right click on it and say update drivers,
then show the path where you just unpacked this LegacyDriver.msi and youre good (i didnt try but i believe it works even without that, just seeing more errors maybe)

For 2626 drivers, i use latest i can get from m-audio website, i believe they were windows8 drivers
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Quote:
For 2626 drivers, i use latest i can get from m-audio website, i believe they were windows8 drivers
Old 29th December 2019
Deleted 6aa6ee2
When I had mine plugged in, I too had a PCIe TI firewire card and just used the legacy drivers no issues. I keep a box around just to configure it. I've had mine modded and simply use it as the ADC going into my RME RayDat these days. so no FW connection--just standalone.
Old 29th December 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 6aa6ee2 View Post
I've had mine modded and simply use it as the ADC going into my RME RayDat these days. so no FW connection--just standalone.
3x 2626 here. Two in one rack, third with Audient ASP800 in another rack. All those 2626s working in standalone mode. I bought my third for a 100€, it's a good 1U box of I/Os.
Here for the gear

So youre using it only as AD Converter, no other purposes like preamps? Just converting the Analog to Digital and send it out from optical port?
One clamied here that somewhere in AD or DA stage something weird happens to signal, bet its in DA stage, if at all, as noone other complains:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killme View Post
going crazy.. i noticed that something annoying me when my synths goes through "ad/da-> headphones" of profire 2626....after a little test i noticed a strange behavior at different samplrates..test : synth -> analog in ->headphones and changing 44-48-88-96 and so on (in pauses listening from direct headphone out on synth for clean signal reset in head)
, at 48 and 88 there is a little bit extra something strange like resonances or something else in the upper mid/high frequencies which irritates and tired ears..at 44 and 96 I don't feel it, confused what exactly gives such an effect..I dont want to record at 44 but 96 is to much for system
never noticed this effect before, looks like I'll have to buy another soundcard for testing da conversion... has anyone noticed something similar????????
Deleted 6aa6ee2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreator View Post
So youre using it only as AD Converter, no other purposes like preamps? Just converting the Analog to Digital and send it out from optical port?
One clamied here that somewhere in AD or DA stage something weird happens to signal, bet its in DA stage, if at all, as noone other complains:
Mine is a standalone converter as this point. No preamps, Just line inputs. No issues. Keep in mind I had my analog paths improved as well as clock.

pick up one used for around $150 and have one of the mod places drop around $300 in mods and for less than $500 you have a quality 8 channel ADC/DAC. Just need a system with a firewire port to do the initial setup to stand lone.
📝 Reply