The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
drumagog vs. soundreplacer
Old 15th November 2002
There is only one

drumagog vs. soundreplacer

im mixing a project that i didnt track. the kick sounds like ass. i NEED to replace it.

so, DP doesnt have a legitimate replacer... the trigger plug just doesnt cut it, nor does my DM5... i need something closer to sample accuracy.

so im thinking of pulling the kick tracks to my PC and replacing the kick with drumagog and then reimporting back to the MAC or should i find soundreplacer and PT free and just stay on the mac?

man this is pissing me off.
Old 15th November 2002
Lives for gear

Re: drumagog vs. soundreplacer

Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk

so, DP doesnt have a legitimate replacer... the trigger plug just doesnt cut it, nor does my DM5... i need something closer to sample accuracy

Hey Alpha can you elaborate on why the DP (and dm5 for that matter) plugin dosen't work for ya?(I've got a buddy that swears by it...never used it myself)

Is sound replacer RTAS? I don't know.....Maybe e-cue can loan ya his F-16? (top of my gear wish list)
If ya know anyone with a drumkat, that and a sampler should get you there....still no sample accuracy 'cause your MIDI, but you could always nudge...
Old 15th November 2002
There is only one

midi slop.
Old 15th November 2002
Lives for gear

Drumagog is awesome, but is DX only. One of the few cases where the best tool is DX.

As a basic DX plug, it would work with pretty much any DX compatible app. Could you toss the kick over to a PC and do it that way?

Drumagog really is stupid good. I don't know how it does it, but the thing triggers pretty much phase accurate every time.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 15th November 2002
There is only one

is the basic version good enough? i need something that will do DX plugins... i dont have jack on the PC in terms of DAWs, but i could probably find something.
Old 16th November 2002
Lives for gear

I think vegas and cakewalk/sonar are the top two choices but I'm in the same boat as you. Viva la Mac.
Old 16th November 2002
Lives for gear

Viva *le* Mac. Even objects have a sex in french (of course!) and a computer that has as much balls as an apple has to be...
Old 25th November 2002
Gear Nut

Soundreplacer is an RTAS plugin. It dosent do any sort of realtime replacement. I haven't used drumagog but if it works as well as Soundreplacer, then its a winner for sure
Old 25th November 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by groundcontrol
Viva *le* Mac. Even objects have a sex in french (of course!) and a computer that has as much balls as an apple has to be...
Oops. That's what I was thinking but like most males, my fingers had a mind of their own.
Old 26th November 2002
You could toss the close mic drum files over to Pro Tools For Free (8 tracks at a time) - do it there with SR then drag em straight back into your DP session..

Save you dicking around with a PC or... god forbid, Virtual PC...

tut
Old 26th November 2002
There is only one

that was the option i was considering but ended up going with the tracked drums as is... molested as best as possible.
Old 12th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundcontrol
Sorry but, Viva la Mac was right. It comes from Viva las Vegas, which is spanish (from Las Vegas, MΓ©xico). And in spanish (as in french) things have sex too. Computer in spanish is computadora, which is female.

I feel better tiping in my girl all day...

Lives for gear

http://apulsoft.ch/aptrigga/index.php

This does the job.
Old 12th October 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT
Drumagog is awesome, but is DX only. One of the few cases where the best tool is DX.

I agree that drumagog is awesome. It has saved me many, many times. I also bought the vintage drums cd and all those samples are incredible.

Also, drumagog is in four formats now, DX/VST/RTAS/ and Audio Units so it works on PC's and MACs.
Old 12th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummin4christ
I agree that drumagog is awesome. It has saved me many, many times. I also bought the vintage drums cd and all those samples are incredible.

Also, drumagog is in four formats now, DX/VST/RTAS/ and Audio Units so it works on PC's and MACs.
Can you use your own samples too? For example, the few good snare hits of a bad drummer.
I'm the one trying to find a PC option for Soundreplacer in other thread.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornvalley
Drumagog is does far more buy the looks of aptigga. Multisamples make flams and fiils sound very real in drumagog
Old 12th October 2005
Lives for gear

I hear ya ....but for Alpha and his kick track, it'll work great.
For other drums it's great just for adding some body to the hits, nothing more.
Old 12th October 2005
Lives for gear

FYI, this thread is like 3 years old, and somebody popped it up with a comment about Spanish.

I'm pretty sure Alphajerk is finished with that kick track now
Old 14th October 2005
I say you can never lavish too much time, sweat, or tears on a kick drum track.
Old 14th October 2005
Gear Addict

Is there no audio to midi conversion function within DP? In logic that's what I have always done (before any of the plugins came out) and it is as sample accurate as the others, but maybe easier to make tweaks on the notes themselves.
Old 14th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeba
Soundreplacer is an RTAS plugin. It dosent do any sort of realtime replacement. I haven't used drumagog but if it works as well as Soundreplacer, then its a winner for sure
It's not RTAS, it's AudioSuite. RTAS is a real time version of Audio Suite.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear