The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Meet the Designers of Logic Studio and Logic Pro 8 - NYC, USA, October 9th DAW Software
Old 18th September 2007
News Desk Editor

Meet the Designers of Logic Studio and Logic Pro 8 - NYC, USA, October 9th

Mac Audio Trainers presents a very special New York Logic Pro User Group event:

Meet the Apple Product Designers of Logic Studio and Logic Pro 8

A presentation by the Apple pro apps product design and marketing team for Logic Studio and Logic Pro 8: and a dialogue about the world's most complete suite of music and audio tools. Apple - Logic Studio

Presenters from Apple Inc. will be:
- Alec Little, Senior Product Manager, Professional Music and Audio

- Bob Hunt, Product Manager, Professional Music and Audio

- Manfred Knauff, Product Design Engineer

- Steffan Diedrichsen, Sr. Software Applications Engineer (the developer for SpaceDesigner, compressor and many other plugins -- EVP88, EVB3, EVD6).

- Steffen Gehring, Sr. Software Applications Engineer (the developer for UltraBeat, Beat Mapping and more).

When: Tuesday, October 9th, 2007, 8:30 PM.
Where: Apple Store, Soho, theater www.apple.com/retail/soho/map/
103 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012
(212) 226-3126

Please note the time is 8:30 PM, though you may want to arrive early.

RSVPs are required: jonathan AT nylpug.com
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

NY Logic Users, here is your chance to ask about Logic8 and some new features on the horizon .. maybe find out about beat detecting for those of us that also record live drums ...

Man i'm jealous i cann't be there
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Excellent.

Can someone please video that...It would be great to see it as I too cannot be there.
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Unhappy

Man, I wish I could be there. Thanks for the info though. It's good to know they're making themselves available.

To those who go, please let us know how it went!

-SD
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk at Gearslutz.com View Post
When: Tuesday, October 9th, 2007, 8:30 PM.
Where: Apple Store, Soho, theater www.apple.com/retail/soho/map/
103 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012
(212) 226-3126

Please note the time is 8:30 PM, though you may want to arrive early.

RSVPs are required: jonathan AT nylpug.com
Damn, I'm leaving NYC the 9th

Would have loved to be there tho

I agree: someone, tape this :D

And ask for 2 things: DDP support in Waveburner and a 'ping' feature on the I/O plugin, so everybody can stop complaining about this heh
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

I agree! Somebody please take a GS spy cam!

-SD
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM View Post
And ask for 2 things: DDP support in Waveburner and a 'ping' feature on the I/O plugin, so everybody can stop complaining about this heh
Good call , forgot about these

Questions...

1)Beat Detection method(Implementation) ,as easy or easier than P.Tools .
2)Ping to external hardware units .
3)DDP support ....

This would do it for me unless Logic is missing any more post stuff !?
Old 18th September 2007
Gear Addict

Somebody please ask them why the HELL didn't they put WAIT-FOR-FREAKIN'-NOTE!
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergievsky View Post
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

It's real nice for you to show such appreciation and voice generous comments about the great new features in Logic Studio.

I do admit it is such a catastrophic ommision from the update that I too am beside myself with frustation and angry indignation - I mean it just take all the fun out of recording when it starts before you actually play anything.

How do you cope?

I've found that 'getting over myself is a great solution'.

I am doing some great recordings now!
Old 18th September 2007
Deleted User
+1 on the external hardware 'ping' feature.thumbsup

And PLEASE somebody ask why you still can't auotomate volume on Multi-Timbral audio Instruments!!! I know this one has annoyed the hell out of many composers. Unlike pretty much every other DAW on the planet, when you create a bunch of channels for Kontakt2 or Stylus RMX for example, attempting to change volume on any 1 of the channels changes it on ALL of the channels!

Pretty frikkin useless and I'd LOVE to hear Apple at least admit theyr'e working on fixing it.
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Wow, they gonna need flamesuits it seems. I think this is very nice but it says presentation, perhaps it´s better to listen than talk and learn something.
Old 18th September 2007
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
Wow, they gonna need flamesuits it seems. I think this is very nice but it says presentation, perhaps it´s better to listen than talk and learn something.
I sincerely think they'd learn more if they'd listen to their professional users. Just a thought...
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Haha yeah, it says dialog as well I missed that one. But there are times that a feature people are requesting is already there.
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'm actually surprised they are doing this, good for them. Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come. Meaning better communication with Logic users in general now that the cat is out of the bag with version 8.
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Auto save?
like PT?
Old 18th September 2007
Mgr
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBasement View Post

And PLEASE somebody ask why you still can't auotomate volume on Multi-Timbral audio Instruments!!! I know this one has annoyed the hell out of many composers. Unlike pretty much every other DAW on the planet, when you create a bunch of channels for Kontakt2 or Stylus RMX for example, attempting to change volume on any 1 of the channels changes it on ALL of the channels!

Pretty frikkin useless and I'd LOVE to hear Apple at least admit theyr'e working on fixing it.
Dont know for Kontakt 2, dont use it often,

but actually for stylus you can do that, the thing is that you need to automate the mixer in Stylus, not the fader of the Logic Instrument track.

If you go in the automation of the channel you want to automate, you select stylus rmx and then PartLevel(choose the right number according to your channel 1-8)MainLevel

Hope that helps
Old 18th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
It's real nice for you to show such appreciation and voice generous comments about the great new features in Logic Studio.

I do admit it is such a catastrophic ommision from the update that I too am beside myself with frustation and angry indignation - I mean it just take all the fun out of recording when it starts before you actually play anything.

How do you cope?

I've found that 'getting over myself is a great solution'.

I am doing some great recordings now!
Umm, sorry for the angry smilies, I'm really not that upset. I am, however, extremely tired and am under a scary deadline and slept an average of 2hours a day for the past two weeks. I thought logging on would calm my nerves..apparently not. Anyway, please ignore my rants. Carry on. (BTW, it really is a simple yet fantastic feature that once you get used to it, becomes quite indispensable). Anyway, good night.
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Umm, sorry for the angry smilies, I'm really not that upset. I am, however, extremely tired and am under a scary deadline and slept an average of 2hours a day for the past two weeks. I thought logging on would calm my nerves..apparently not. Anyway, please ignore my rants. Carry on. (BTW, it really is a simple yet fantastic feature that once you get used to it, becomes quite indispensable). Anyway, good night.
No worrries, I'm just havin' a pop!

I understand that once you get used to a feature, to have it removed is or can be frustrating, if not downright infuriating - because you get to depend on it.

I am curious as to why certain 'features' are suddenly dropped on new updates and whether it is neccesary to lose them at all?... It would be a good question to put.

It would be a shame though if the 'presentation' just became an opportunity for users to rant and vent their annoyance at the Logic guy's, c'mon let's give them some praise too.
Old 18th September 2007
Gear Addict

Wow...would they be happening to go through west coast CA sometime?
I wish i could see that.
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

They're gonna get hammered by militant Pro Tools users who desperately want to ditch their crappy LE systems but can't ween themselves off of how they learned to work in Pro Tools.

'Apple we hate you because you don't have Beat Detective and we don't get enough work to afford an HD system. It's all your fault! WAAAAAAHHHHH!'

My prayers go out to them!
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
+2
Old 19th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
+3.
Old 19th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblotted View Post
+3.
+4.
Old 19th September 2007
Lives for gear

How about (kindly) asking them to make the transport removable

...not that I know what it's like cause I don't have Logic 8 yet
Old 19th September 2007
Gear Head
Can you confirm my RSVP?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 19th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

What ? Just read your manuals !
I automate every channel in Kontakt and RMX, it was always there !
For RMX there's even a video tutorial on the Spectrasonics site.
In Kontakt, you have to assign the Midi controllers to the Kontakt controllers, and there you go. I's a matter of 5 seconds. You can even build subgroups with different controllers.
Old 19th September 2007
Lives for gear

I love press releases. They're so over the top. What was that? "...most complete music package ever... " (I paraphase) I think that some folks who use products starting with S___, and P___, and N___, would take exception to that.

Anyhoo, I installed Logic Studio last night and fooled around with it. Pretty elegant I must say.
Old 19th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosi View Post
What ? Just read your manuals !
I automate every channel in Kontakt and RMX, it was always there !
For RMX there's even a video tutorial on the Spectrasonics site.
In Kontakt, you have to assign the Midi controllers to the Kontakt controllers, and there you go. I's a matter of 5 seconds. You can even build subgroups with different controllers.
Slow down puppy. I've not only read the manuals, I've been using Logic since before version 1.0 and still earn my daily living with it. I'm aware there are work arounds for Logic's broken implementation of multi-channel instruments.

Yes, you can automate within the plugins. But even as the Spectrasonics video shows, it's a pain to edit (all your volume automation is on one track, instead of on the individual tracks being controlled, for example)

And you can use the environment to reroute controller numbers -- also a cumbersome kludge that shouldn't be necessary in the first place. And yes, you can create AUX channels for every midi channel, which again is loads of work and creates a very cluttered arrange page with 2 channels for every midi instrument...

If you can't understand why moving the volume fader for a midi channel should produce automation for that channel (and that channel ONLY) then I don't know what else to tell you. If you're happy with the work arounds, good for you. But the fact remains the current implementation is BROKEN. There is not one good reason for it to work the way it does, and this is a fix that has been requested by many many users yet has been ignored for more than 3 years now.

I know that if I were lucky enough to attend the NY Logic session, that would be my very first question coz it's been #1 on my wish list for a loooong time. Then I might move on to asking why MIDI still isn't taken into account in Plugin Delay Compensation.... THen one of the security personnel would politely invite me to leave, then taser my butt on the way out.
Old 20th September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Murray View Post
+4.
+5

------

Free
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search