The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Support For 8 Cores and Ram Capability?
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Support For 8 Cores and Ram Capability?

So is Logic 8 abble to utilize all 8 cores of the newer Macs and access more than 3gb of ram for the EXS samplers? Or is this a Leopard thing?
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

its a leopard thing because leopard will be 64bit. but leopard will ome out soon.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Logic 8 recognizes all 8 cores.

It's mentioned on page 71 (I think) in the quick start guide under "Hardware"

This links to a photo from an Apple Logic 8 support forums member showing Logic 8 and 8-cores.
Apple - Support - Discussions - 8-core support ...
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict
A member of bigbluelounge.com said it supports 'at least 8' CPU's. I know from working with other types of multi-core software that there is a certain amount of diminishing returns as the number of CPU's goes up. Regardless, if you can afford an 8 core it probably doesn't suck.

The product info also says that Nodes can now run some, but not all, third party Audio Units.

I'm not sure about the sampler RAM limit, I have not seen anything posted about that just yet. Give it another couple of hours...

edit: beaten like a redheaded stepchild. :-)
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

If you have an 8-core computer I'm sure you will benefit from them in Tiger. Leopard will support more efficient core management so thing only improve for the lucky Octo Mac owners. Though you will have to move to Leopard to get these features enhanced multi-core support is new only in this upcoming OS X version.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search