The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Your honest opinion. Migrating to ProTools M-Powerd from Sonar 6 PE Audio Interfaces
Old 17th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratgirl View Post
yea, you guys missed the point, which is, he shouldn't expect to transition to a new platform without having to make some adjustments to what comes so easy to him now.

It sounds like Sonar has a bunch of end-user oriented features, I just think your version of setting up a click in PT was a little dramatic, considering how simple it is to insert the Click instrument, and how well-written the Digi manual is.

Old 17th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
Admittedly, I've never used Sonar or seen much of it. So my experience with Cakewalk is limited to the pre-Sonar days.

So what... 2 out of 3 ain't bad. And, I did say Cakewalk... not Sonar. heh

It's nice that Sonar lets you control all of that, BTW.
Well, that, I suppose explains part of it...

Although it still leaves the question of why you feel your evaluation of the capabilities of software that's at least seven versions back is in any way meaningful to today's discussion.

Just out of curiosity, are you also basing your comments on Pro Tools LE on versions from the last century?

Geez.
Old 17th September 2007
Gear Addict

You already made your point, what's the big deal?

I mentioned Cakewalk because the OP said he's been using Cakewalk since '94, and my post was entirely relevant to the discussion, albeit one fact was wrong. And I'm sure the OP, being a Cakewalk user for 13 years knows about the click functions within Sonar 6PE. For those that didn't, including me, your post enlightened them. Someone stated that it was a nightmare to start a click in PT and it isn't.

Sorry to spoil your day, then. Maybe you need one off.

What is Pro Tools? duh...
Old 18th September 2007
You may be right. (I mean about the day off. heh )

FWIW, I never figured it was a nightmare doing a click in PT/LE or I would have heard about it before now. That said, I'm sometimes surprised by what some of my differently-DAW'd brothers and sisters put up with. And that said, I've never for a second assumed that Sonar was the best answer for everyone -- or even the largest slice of PC users. I think all the DAWs must surely have their strong points for different users and tasks.

Sorry to be cranky.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search