The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
snap to transient....hmmm
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

snap to transient....hmmm

Hey guys and gals!

Been a long time logic and pt user, new version looks crazy but can anyone comment on the snap to transient. is it exactly like tab to transient in pt or is it really different

i can;t find anything in the logic 8 manual about it. this is crucial for me to decide if i'm gonna upgrade to 8 or just keep doing my drum edits in pt

thanks folks

Brandon
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

It is different.

You select then marquee tool.
You then select a point in the region ahead of where you want to snap to and then use the back arrow to go to the nearest transient.
Then using the right arrow to select everything from that point to the next transient.
If you hit right arrow again is keeps the selection but includes everything to the transient after that.

I'm getting used to it- but I don't fully understand why they have done it this way.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Guru
Logic has always had a form of snap to transient. Open the audio edit window for the region (which is something I hope they do away with), move the sync point to where you want it, then put the cursor where you want the sync point, select the region and hit all three controllers+P.

Making it as easy as it is in PT would be exactly the kind of improvement I'm hoping for.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

Thanks for the speedy replies

as long as it functions the same, like if i just want the cursor to be lined up with a transient and not transient plus wave form so i could split two regions on a transient

thanks again guys
speediest replies i've ever gotten

Brandon
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Guru
How about tab to transient? And an improvement over the way PT does it would be if you could set the threshold. And I hope it happens in the region on the arrange page, not the audio edit window which I have always seen as an unnecessary level of complexity.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

Probb

no doubt man, i wished for it too, but this is what they've given us, maybe with some updates we'll get at least a sensitivity parametre but for now i'll take it
Old 13th September 2007
Harmless Wacko

Anything short of a full equivalent of BD is an unmitigated disaster.

End of Story.

SM.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
Anything short of a full equivalent of BD is an unmitigated disaster.

End of Story.

SM.
Sad, but true. Why can no one nail this? DP's version of this is horrible! Well, at least I work with drummers that never need it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search