The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
"15 macbook pro with logic 8 and m-audio firewire 410? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

"15 macbook pro with logic 8 and m-audio firewire 410?

hello people, i'm aware of the sheer volume of this type of question on this forum but i'd really appreciate your help.

i'm currently looking at getting a dual 2.4ghz macbook pro with logic 8 for sequencing tracks (midi and audio, i usually go up to about 40 ish tracks) and mixing ITB for bands.

keeping in mind that i only want to use logic software, is this worth the money?

this might seem like a strange quesion but if i set up a 3 minute song project to mix, wavel ssl channel strips on each channel and a reverb send, how many chanells would i be able to use, roughly 10, 20, 50? or more?

all advice and info would reeeeeeeaaaaaaaally help as i'm on the verge of buying this setup but want opinions just incase.

also, would i be able to use my m-audio firewire 410 with this setup?
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

youll be happy, no joke! i would suggest trashing the m-audio and go with a better interface!!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search