The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase SX : How do you trigger white noise under snare in it?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear
Cubase SX : How do you trigger white noise under snare in it?

I would love to try triggering some white noise for extra splat under a snare track. Since Cubase does not really have true sidechaining, what is a good way to go about acheiving this? Is there a freebie plugin out there that could do this?
Old 12th September 2007
Can you bulsh!t a sidechain by making a stereo noise gate Aux with the snare on the right and the noise on the left...?

And just make use of the left signal?

Pan the right signal off to 'nowhere'?

Come on man, be inventive, stay up all night, pull your TV totally apart and put it back together in the middle of the night without waking the rest of the house etc...

Experiment with routing?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Come on man, be inventive, stay up all night, pull your TV totally apart and put it back together in the middle of the night without waking the rest of the house etc...
sounds more like a meth binge...
Old 12th September 2007
Have you tried Drumagog at all?
Works really, really well.....
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Koen Tanghe @ Smartelectronix : KTDrumTrigger
I have been using this to trigger drum samples in HALion for some time now, works well for me.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Can you bulsh!t a sidechain by making a stereo noise gate Aux with the snare on the right and the noise on the left...?

And just make use of the left signal?

Pan the right signal off to 'nowhere'?

Experiment with routing?
Haha..thats great. I should rephrase that I can route and sidechain in Cubase fairly well, but it's a crapshoot with certain software plugs. In other words, I hate it. But the TV idea..now that is something!!

Olevia, I will try that plug..thanks...I like drumagog, it just sucks down CPU power.

EDIT : I had another thought...I could trigger a softsynth to generate white noise with MIDI..Just line up the notes to hit on the snare..that may be better eh?
Old 14th September 2007
Exclamation Try this:

apulSoft - apTrigga2

If you don't need all of the drumagog features, this is about the best no-nonsense trigger plugin I know and use. And it's only about US$50.-

PC VST / MAC AU/VST

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search