The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apple Logic Pro 8 Audio Interfaces
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tortoise View Post

Amongst quite a few gems, this one stood out;

"Use Match EQ to acoustically conform the frequency output of two different audio signals, so your overdubs match the sound of your original tracks even if they were recorded in a different location with different gear."

Like I say, I'm generally pretty impressed.

Makes me almost want to switch to Mac just to use it alongside PT.

Peace

the tortoise
Match EQ is definitely not a new plugin, I use it in 7.2 all the time.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Now this is going to sound weird...

You might all think I am imagining this, but I have loaded up an electro breaks tracks that I am working on and it sounds noticeably better to my ears in Logic 8 than it does in Logic 7.

I can't explain why but I am certain there is a definite difference between L7 and L8.

One final pic before I am out the door.

Check out Ultrabeat's 'full view'

For those of us working on programming their own breaks, this is insanely good.
I am so happy I could ****.

No more flicking between screensets or hyper editor/matrix- just load up a kit and start drawing it in.
Amazing stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Apple Logic Pro 8-ubeat.jpg  
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
The new COMP IS SERIOUS!!!!! I like the way it sounds, is that wrong?
How does it sound?? how it is compare to thing like URS csPro, waves ssl/API comp?? or the sonalksis comp still better then logic compressor?? i always dont like logic build in comp thought..let us know please if you can compair them..thanks
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
And they just released Konakt 3...
Real good news and nice features! Hot hot hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
This is from the apple site. Abit unclear but that is how I read it.

"Create the perfect mixer configuration with up to 255 audio, software instrument, and auxiliary channels, along with up to 32 mix groups and as many output channels as your audio hardware provides. Each track supports 15 plug-ins and 8 pre-, post-, and post-pan sends with full latency compensation to keep everything in perfect sync. Logic Pro 8 also lets you record busses and integrate outboard hardware into your mix."
Conclusion: Nothing new at all! The Plugin latency compensation was available before, right? They did not promise anything else IMO!

Sorry guys, but I feel a bit disappointed, rightnow!
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics1207 View Post
How does it sound?? how it is compare to thing like URS csPro, waves ssl/API comp?? or the sonalksis comp still better then logic compressor?? i always dont like logic build in comp thought..let us know please if you can compair them..thanks
It is a vicious lil bastard- that is the only way I can say it- esp FET and Opto.

I'll post some loops with various compressor variations tomrrow- I am now 1/2 an hour late.

Later ppl...
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Today is the greatest day in DAW history...
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

I notice logic sounds a bit clearer aswell I didn't want to say anything but something certainly sounds different.

As for A/Bing the comp with others ill do that as i go along I want to work with logic bone stock for a few weeks/months to come to terms with it again...
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
I notice logic sounds a bit clearer aswell I didn't want to say anything but something certainly sounds different.

As for A/Bing the comp with others ill do that as i go along I want to work with logic bone stock for a few weeks/months to come to terms with it again...
fr0st, you mentioned performance seemed sluggish compared to 7, is this still your observation? Are you talking about latency when pressing buttons/response, or overall core audio performance?
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

Im talking performance going from screen set to screen set it seems slower.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

I hope the engine improvement is not only wishful thinking!

If it really sounds better, and we still have everything available as in the older versions it will not be so bad, but it is definately not a killer app.

I really waited for something hot! Something like take Samplitude, Melodyne and the pluggies of PSP Audioware and URS, shake them with crushed Ice and voilá: Here is Logic X!
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Today is the greatest day in DAW history...
Uhhhhh...how you say...formage???heh
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Head

here is another one

Welcome to Redmatica
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
I hope the engine improvement is not only wishful thinking!

If it really sounds better, and we still have everything available as in the older versions it will not be so bad, but it is definately not a killer app.

I really waited for something hot! Something like take Samplitude, Melodyne and the pluggies of PSP Audioware and URS, shake them with crushed Ice and voilá: Here is Logic X!
I think this is going to be a base for many many improvements. Does anybody know if the code is completely rewritten for this version of Logic?
Is now a fully Coco app? Or something like that?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Oj as a PT loving Expanded mix system owner whose been on the fence as far as going native, I Got to say This version of logic looks impresive! Depending what LE7.4 offers it maybe time to dump digi! My client base could care less what I'm mixing on but The former pimp has to point out some reality as far as wher apple still stands!

1. Their "hardware partner " Apogee guet is cool and might sound killer but feature wise it is up against the MBox 2 Mini at $299 street which comes with software!
2. Ensamble Just under 2k is up against 003 at $1300 with software!
3 the whole protools factor sells!
4 Until RTAS/TDM only plugins ala Soundblender, Massey Phoenix, Eventide are avalibe in AU getting pople to switch won't always be easy!

I have to admit A Lynx Aurora 8 an FW card and a system as power full on a Mac min that could serve as extra AU power for an eventual Mac pro looks better than an Blacklion moded 003r since I could add a Mackie c4 to my Mackie control and have dedicated plugin control and expand beyond 32 faders!

APPle Its looking like time to switch!
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Real good news and nice features! Hot hot hot!

Conclusion: Nothing new at all! The Plugin latency compensation was available before, right? They did not promise anything else IMO!

Sorry guys, but I feel a bit disappointed, rightnow!
No. Hardware compensation? Thats new.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Talking looks great

looks great cant wait 4 it to get to the uk

ultra beat looks much better

audio editing THANK YOU!!!!

sweet
Old 12th September 2007
OMU
Lives for gear

Can anyone report if you can change the level of an audio region a la Cubase/ProTools?Tracktion style. Now this is something that would make audio editing much easier instead of using automation all the time.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskay View Post
Does anybody know if the code is completely rewritten for this version of Logic?
Its not
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Perhaps you should try it before you trash it.

What was wrong with the sound in LP7???
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Can anyone report if you can change the level of an audio region a la Cubase/ProTools?Tracktion style. Now this is something that would make audio editing much easier instead of using automation all the time.
You could do that as far back as Logic 4.5 ....
Old 12th September 2007
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz View Post
You could do that as far back as Logic 4.5 ....
I couldn't do it on v7, is it hidden somewhere? There are only the somehow limited fades, but no individual level control for each region.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

just got mine, reading thru the install guide. This thing comes in one serious box... why is it taking so long for my rosetta 200 to show up.... want to play...
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Addict

What happened to the region parameter box? I don't see it in any of the pics!
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

tdm / rtas etc

Ive been using vocalign (i love it) in PT LE and the RTAS/TDM version of soundtoys - will these work?

A
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Anyone know if the internal mix resolution has gone up from 32bit?
Old 13th September 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Dracula View Post
You mean the one in the top left of the arrange window in Logic 7? It's still there, it's just hidden as a tab in the pictures.

See in this picture:

http://highprofileaudio.com/LogicPro_BIG1.jpg

WARNING: VERY BIG PICTURE FILE!!!!
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
WARNING: VERY BIG PICTURE FILE!!!!
Why do you keep warning about the picture file size? You know someone still on dial up or just worried when people see Logic screenshots of that size their heads are gonna explode?!
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Dracula View Post
from the new features manual:

The Inspector
The Inspector can be displayed by clicking the Inspector button in the Arrange Toolbar.
It is an enhanced replacement for the Parameters area of earlier Logic versions. The
actual Inspector content depends on the area in key focus: either the Arrange or one
of the editing areas—simply click in an area, on a region or event, on an area title bar,
menu, tab, or other element to give it key focus. Logic Pro 8 also includes a number of
new key commands that you can use to quickly switch between areas and windows. As
an example: You can use Tab or Shift-Tab to cycle through the Arrange window areas:
Tab cycles forward, Shift-Tab cycles backwards.
The Inspector basically consists of the parameter area for the window with key focus,
and the arrange channel strips (see below). If the key focus window does not provide a
parameter area (Mixer, Sample Editor, Piano Roll Editor, all Media and Lists area tabs),
the Arrange area parameters are displayed in the Inspector.
Old 13th September 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpunk View Post
Why do you keep warning about the picture file size? You know someone still on dial up or just worried when people see Logic screenshots of that size their heads are gonna explode?!

Worried about the people with iphones.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Just got the last upgrade copy from the Apple Store in Northridge, CA. The Sherman Oaks Store didn't even get any Upgrade packs, and there's probably a million musicians within a stone's throw of that store. Apple didn't do their homework re distribution allocations.

It's installing now...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search