The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BUG in UAD Neve 88r? DAW Software
Old 12th September 2007
BUG in UAD Neve 88r?

Hi everyone!

Anyone else having the problem, that sometimes the Neve 88r on the UAD crashes (with a very loud earkilling noise and buzzing that cannot be stopped until you restart the sequenzer) when you enable the hicut?

I run Cubase 4 with the UAD Pci-e card on a Asus P5B Motherboard.

Thanxs for some ideas what it could be!
Philipp
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Sorry, I have been working with it since the first week it was released and haven't experienced this.

Pro Tools (Sometimes Cubase SX3), Asus K8V mobo, 4 UAD-1's on an ancient Magma chassis.
Old 14th September 2007
thanx nevertheless!

greetz
fil
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Honestly I did have an event of a massive noiseburst last month. I was using Samplitude v9.1.1. Not sure exactly what caused this, but it was the only time I've ever had something like that occur. The problem is that I had the UAD 88RS running as well as an older version of Nebula3. I don't recall exactly what move I made before the incident, but it was brutal and I'm still amazed that my BM6 tweeters are still alive. One thing I do know is that it's not reproduceable with the Neve 88 and after upgrading my Nebula version, it's not happened again.
Old 14th September 2007
hmmm...

so at least i am not all alone.

anyone other having a brutal noiseburst when activating the lowpass?
Old 14th September 2007

That noise burst thing happens only when i'm running a plug load of 82% or higher - and only occassionaly. The vst instrument bar maxes out and i freak out grabbing my bluesky knob to turn it down. I have 4 UAD cards - so its not often im maxing out especially if i run plugs on files instead of as inserts.

I'm going to call UAD. I have a Tyan K8WE S2895 motherboard - with one PCI-E UAD card and 3 PCI UAD cards in my SBS expansion chassis. I'm wondering if the Min_GNT value needs to be adjusted in the UAD's settings.

-Andrew

PS - if i find anything out i'll report back.
Old 14th September 2007
thanx!

i will try if it happens when i´m over a certain limit

(but it only happens (sometimes) with the 88r)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search