The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My new fav plug for trippiness: Synaptricity Centrifuze Modulation Plugins
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thumbs up My new fav plug for trippiness: Synaptricity Centrifuze

This is my fav new plug in for bugged out modulation and then some. I'm still in the honeymoon stage, but Centrifuze is killing the waves semi-counterparts (Enigma, Metaflanger, Mondomod) and does a lot more.

some audio samples on their site here...

http://www.synaptricity.com/products...fuzeaudio.html

So far just RTAS and AudioSuite modes, but since I've got my 8core that doesn't bug me much. My main usage seems to be on guitars, BG vocals, and as a delay with benefits. Anyone else throwin down with this badboy?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Look very cool. How much of a hog is it? I am running Dual 2.0 G5 with 2.5 GB RAM.

I would be alright with a few of those in the mix. Is it as bad as say Amplitube or some of those guitar amp sims at eating resources?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

good find. How did you hear about it??? There are so many cool little plugins out there.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear maniac

Pretty cool...i'd like to see what other kinds of modulations you could come up with though...
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Addict

if they release a native version (AU/MAS) at a native price .....
Old 12th September 2007
E-Cue...

How does this compare to the songbird panner (when used in that capacity)? I just bought one and now listening to the "out of phase panning" I'm starting to wonder...
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuehler View Post
Look very cool. How much of a hog is it? I am running Dual 2.0 G5 with 2.5 GB RAM.

I would be alright with a few of those in the mix. Is it as bad as say Amplitube or some of those guitar amp sims at eating resources?
It doesn't look taxing at all. I'm on 8core so it would be worth your while to check the demo out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
good find. How did you hear about it??? There are so many cool little plugins out there.
I keep my ear to the street, as the kids say these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloocproducer View Post
How does this compare to the songbird panner (when used in that capacity)? I just bought one and now listening to the "out of phase panning" I'm starting to wonder...
I know of absolutely nothing that really does what the Cyclopanner does, software or otherwise. I envy you. Those are hard pieces to come by. Sometimes I half ass with a panscan, mondomod, or GRM plug in, but the Songbird / Dytronics is so quick and unique. That said, I'm still getting into the depth of Centifuze. It's one of those plug-in's you mess around with and see what sticks. As you go on and would like to hear things different in your head, you crack open the manual, which is the stage I'm at.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search